Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Bend : Real Estate Advice

  • All170
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying63
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions13

Activity 14
Neil Roxas, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA
Wed Nov 9, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

Upon checking on the property address that you have provided, it shows that the said home address is in foreclosure - notice of default status.


Consumer Care Advocate ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Joannknight1…, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL
Sun Nov 6, 2016
Joannknight1770 answered:
How do i engage with mellon bank about a house they forclosed in ft. Lauderdale florida
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Edmonds, WA
Fri Jul 31, 2015
Christopher Watkins answered:

I hope you are doing well. I read this a while back and thought this would apply to this question. Hope this gives you some ideas!

Christopher Watkins
| Manager | Mortgage Loan Advisor | NMLS # 555103 |
| Sierra Pacific Mortgage |

| 21520 30th Drive SE Suite 101 |
| Bothell, WA 98021 |
| Office: 425.951.6194 |
| Cell Ph: 503.804.4379 |
| FAX: 425.332.7212 |
| Email: |
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
RonS, Other/Just Looking in Concord, CA
Wed Feb 4, 2015
RonS answered:
You mean the bank foreclosed on your home? If so, change your address with the post office and forward your mail and/or call the lender/servicer that foreclosed and give them your new address. Done. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Michael Ford, Real Estate Pro in
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Michael Ford answered:
short answer...yes, with proper notice and at reasonable times.

additionally, there are federal law that mandates time periods for renters to vacate after a foreclosure sale. that legislation provides that leases survive a foreclosure. tenants can stay at least until the end of a bona fide lease, and month-to-month tenants are entitled to 90 days' notice before having to move out. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Christina Ha…, Real Estate Pro in Morristown, TN
Wed May 22, 2013
Christina Hayes answered:
Look up public records and see if a Lis Pendens was filed.

Have a great day;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit Repair
Making home ownership more than a dream...
Retired Mortgage Banker
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Christine Hi…,  in Bend, OR
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Christine Hill asked:
Our office continues to try and market the program but getting the word out to distressed homeowners hasn't been an easy task.
1 vote 0 Answers Share Flag
Michael Emery,  in Minneapolis, MN
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
Until the property has been returned to the bank, you will have to pay rent to your landlord as they are the legal owners of the property.

Whether or not they're paying their mortgage is irrelevant. If you stop paying your rent, you are in breach of your lease and could be evicted for non payment of rent. And you do NOT want an eviction on your civil record.

If you have a lease with your landlord, make sure you keep a copy or request a copy if you don't currently have one. Once the bank takes possession, it's possible they might offer you 'cash for keys' to help you move. But if you have no proof that you had a lease, they might not offer you this incentive to move.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Dave Sutton, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR
Sun May 22, 2011
Dave Sutton answered:
Check out

as a good start on learning your rights. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Diane Lozito, Real Estate Pro in Bend, OR
Sat May 21, 2011
Diane Lozito answered:
So many buyers research online and are not aware that not all sites have accurate or up to date information on the "public side" of the listings, including foreclosures. Calling on a Broker to represent you is no cost to you and they can more easily obtain the current, correct information on the "agent side" of these listings so you can find
a good home match whether it be a distressed sale, a foreclosure or short sale, or a home not left vacant for
months or years, with less wear and tear for a similar price. A foreclosure is not your best buy if the repairs needed and surpises outweigh the benefits of a home similarly priced that you can do a Home Inspection on and work with the seller and see a Seller's Disclosure Statement - there are no Disclosures on an REO/Bank Owned
foreclosed home. You get it as is, unless a major health and safety risk is there, then they need to tell you.

Compare all your options with a Broker that can help you with such an important purchase.

Diane Lozito/Broker
Coldwell Banker Morris Real Estate
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
David Cooper, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA
Tue Apr 19, 2011
David Cooper answered:
Realty Trac is what professional investors, the ones that want to get below market deals, use to find out about houses in the foreclosure process before anyone else knows about them.

The investors that show up at the courthouse steps all subscribe to a reporting service that keeps track of the auctions and the many postponements so that they don't waste their time. Redloc is the approved reporting service for Trulia, so it's really something to hear Redloc is not reliable. If you really need to have an address for a foreclosure, try the free trial for Redloc.

David Cooper Las vegas Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. Call +1-7024997037
not a real estate agent
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
HLR,  in Oregon
Mon May 31, 2010
HLR answered:
Try, so you can research the properties yourself, and to find the county websites you want, and yes find a local good Realtor.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice