Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Belmont : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Sun Oct 19, 2014
Emily Hole asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Jim Allen answered:
If you have a credit score below 500, then you have some real problems and will have a hard time renting a home. You need to go to a nonprofit consumer counseling service and take advantage of their free service. Look for the one sponsored by the United Way or HUD, not some community activist group. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 24, 2011
Daniel Fisher answered:
If you are $13,000 behind and not making payments, you will eventually be foreclosed.

Alternative 1)
The N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fundâ„¢ helps North Carolina homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments due to job loss or temporary financial hardship. For qualified homeowners, the fund can provide an interest-free loan of up to $36,000 to pay your mortgage and other related expenses for up to 36 months.

Explore this site . or call 1-888-623-8631 to learn:

•what kind of mortgage help may be available for you to prevent foreclosure
•if you qualify for assistance using our quick and convenient eligibility tool
•how to find a HUD-approved housing counseling agency in your area to help you apply and how to apply online

Free Foreclosure Help:
Foreclosure help is free through our counseling partners. The Commissioner of Banks’ Foreclosure Prevention Program provides free counseling through participating local counseling agencies, including many of our partners. Please note that any program that requires you to pay upfront fees to help you avoid foreclosure is illegal. The Office of the N.C. Attorney General provides help identifying and combating foreclosure scams.

Alternative 2)
Go to NACA and see if they can assist you.

...and if you like this answer, please give it a "thumbs up" or "best Answer"
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 17, 2011
Wendy Richards answered:
Search Advice