Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Belle Mead : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 17
Mon Jun 5, 2017
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

Please note that if you intend to put your home on the market, you will have the ability to create a new listing and post new photos.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 24, 2017
Mary answered:

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The photos have been removed from our display as you requested.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 4, 2016
Paul answered:
Use to help educate on all real costs of homeownership, including purchase price, improvements, title + HO insurance, RE taxes, mortgage financing options + after-tax implications, utility costs and eventual selling costs of 6% realtor commission + state transfer taxes. provides in-depth, easy-to-understand analysis on financial decision of Buying v Renting v Investing in stocks. Find out actual # of years until break even on all costs of investing in a house vs renting. Get educated today with before you make biggest investment of your lifetime. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 3, 2016
Chakri asked:
is there a way to find information on local contractors and builders to build an affordable house on a lot or buy a land and sub-divide it to build a house ?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2015
ashwoodhs answered:
The Pike Run Woods homes have a rental restriction - Homes may not be rented during the first year of ownership.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Andrew Chang answered:
This is home inspection issue and attorney has nothing to do with it (if you use both of them). If the agent still won't do it, contact his/her broker and complain about it. If it still does not work, warn your agent that the home can't pass home inspection and the this would be ground to cancel the purchase agreement. Then you are free to find another buyer's agent and re-do the purchase contract.

I know this is a little extreme, but agent should do agent's job. This is how we agents get paid.

Also, if you know that the pool has been neglected for some time, then it is reasonable to have the pool re-opened for inspection. There may be more problem with the pool that requires attention.

SkyBridge Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Andrew Chang answered:
Other than the train, there is also an express bus from South Brunswick. My neighbor has been commuting to mid-town for years taking the express bus. He would not take the train since he would sleep on the train and the train may take him back to Princeton, or further to PA.....

When I worked in NYC, I always took the train. If you get there before 7AM, parking should not be a problem....

SkyBridge Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 1, 2014
Andrew Chang answered:
Keep in mind that, when you interview and try to find a realtor to work with, not all agents can help with foreclosure homes. The process takes much longer and the success rate is lower than regular purchase. Agents earn the same % of fees. Also, it requires more expertise: legal (to deal with lender/bank); repair (foreclosed homes not in good condition); and financial (special mortgage, etc). But the reward to the buyer can be high. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 26, 2013
John Rooney answered:
For professional, hassle-free guidance and responsiveness, I recommend:
REMN (Real Estate Mortgage Network)

Stephen Thompson
499 Thornall Street
2nd Floor
Edison, NJ 08837

Cell: 609-577-1474
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Kenneth Verbeyst answered:
You can call twp and ask if your renting is legal. If you find it isnt are you prepared to move out? Security deposits are normal but so is a lease. I suggest you request a lease even if month to month that will stipulate security as well as rent and what is and is not included. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Mary Petti answered:
My "snarky " answer is one cooks they all eat out...but a google search shows there's at least one ShopRite not too far.
Check it out online.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 2, 2011
Mary Petti answered:

You are very welcome...glad we could help, that's what this site is all about :)

I Ilke the analogy about "it's like shopping without a wallet"...

Now do you need an agent to work with? ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 27, 2010
David answered:
There are a couple of choices. You can drive to the Bridgewater station and take a train from there. Itis a slower diesel and you have to change in Newark. You can drve to Princeton Jct or Jersey Ave New Brunswick and take the high speed line. Or drive to Someset and take a bus. And of course there is drive to Jersey City and take the Path from there. Here is a good link to NJ Transit

Daid Sweeney
Alliance, REALTORS
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 12, 2008
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Hi Ted, you've got a good down payment amount there - FHA loans allow a down payment as low as 5% so you are in good shape. Income qualification will be the next criteria - for mortgage, condo monthly maintenance and taxes. Your best bet is to talk this over with a reputable mortgage rep - if you'd like a suggestion, I'd be happy to provide the name of a good one.

What an exciting time for you!

Jeannie Feenick
Search and connect at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Joseph Hage answered:
If you need financing I am in Belle Mead and I can meet you at one of my branches at your requested time. Happy house huting and let me knoe if I can be of any assistance in New Construction if your interested in that as well I am a new construction specialist at Bank of America.

Best Regards,

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Joseph Hage answered:
about 40 -60 minutes dont take 206 if your in Belle Mead though I would take River Road 533 or Pheasants Run 579
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Belle Mead Zip Codes