Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Bedford Park : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 33
Tue Mar 28, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
First thing, before making an offer on a home, knowing you have a fha loan, your buyer broker should have checked everything you can see with your eye to see if the house will pass. Normally you spot these items with your eyes. Normally the listing agent will also know if a home will or will not pass fha, the only thing no one knows is hidden defects. The seller should be asked to fix the items but being an estate, may not be likely. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 4, 2016
Efogell asked:
my home got rented not i want to canel the listing
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 29, 2015
Cassandra M. Bickel answered:
Banks would be more apt to see that you are using debt wisely instead of just moving it around. I would just paying off/down the credit cards - maybe by consolidating them into a low interest card rather than securing them against your house.

I would say that would not be the wisest or most responsible move. And you still have the same amount of debt.

You could talk with a local banker/lender though and see what options you have.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 25, 2015
Yolanda Jackson answered:
Yes, you can get an FHA Loan with a 580 credit score. a site like The Lenders Network is a perfect place to start. They have several lenders in their network that work with people with credit issues.. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2015
aanjo70 asked:
Sat Mar 21, 2015
Randy Stoker answered:
You will need to improve your credit scores before considering to buy a house. There are no First Time Buyer finance incentives available. In some areas you can find a separate down payment assistance loan. Contact you local mortgage adviser for more individual assistance. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 6, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Rental scams are common here and on any site that allows the general public to post. Please be very cautious with deals that seem too good to be true. NEVER send money expecting keys back by mail. Read the scam warning Trulia posts. I've attached a link to it below.
When you find a questionable listing please hit the FLAG button on the listing page to warn Trulia and others.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 8, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Ask people you may know for referrals; also see link
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 3, 2013
broot0999 asked:
I am looking to buy a new manufactured home (5 BR, 3 Bath 2280 Sq Ft) and move it to Illinois from Indiana and put it on a foundation on a 1/2 acre to 3/4 of an acre of land. I am close…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 1, 2013
If you live in California, your spouse signs the QCD enabling you to process a mortgage.
Some states don't require a QCD. They may require a warranty deed and the spouse to sign the settlement statement and another doc or two.

This happens a lot of times IF the non borrowing spouse has bad credit and cannot be on the loan for one reason or another.

I had one where the spouse owed back payments for child support from a previous marriage.
The child support payments killed the debt ratio and couldn't qualify for the loan.

Tax liens, bad credit, Bankruptcy or short-sale seasoning requirements, too much debt, wage garnishments etc are other reason that would prevent a spouse from being on a mortgage.

NOTE: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac look at a short-sale JUST LIKE a foreclosure!!
Fannie/ Freddie require 7 yr seasoning. FHA requires three years seasoning from the date of the disposition. NOT the commencement of the foreclosure process.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Maria Ascencio answered:
Con gusto puedo ayudarle con su compra.
Por favor llámeme al (630) 945-0139

Maria Ascencio
RE/MAX Platinum
(630) 945-0139
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 9, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Gary Birtles answered:
I don't thing you are required to have one in most cases. Personally though, I think I'd want one to help me sift through all the paperwork. I am not good at handling that sort of thing. I would like the help of someone who knows what they are doing. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Bedford Park Zip Codes