Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Bear Creek Township : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Mon Jul 7, 2014
Alfred Clemonts answered:
There are several lenders through out Pennsylvania that can provide Homepath renovation mortgages. The best place to start your search is at under financing.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 7, 2014
seabeejojo asked:
Wondering what my options are based on my veterans status in terms of buying a home and trying to consolidate my debts.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Terry Farnsworth answered:
I'm confused...

Is there no agreed upon closing date in your contract? If not, why?

What are you requesting the extension for? The closing - or for inspection issues? If it is for the closing, how do you know what you are extending when there is no closing date?

Do you have any real estate agents and/or attorneys involved? It doesn't sound like you do - otherwise it likely wouldn't be the mess that it is with seemingly zero communication/coordination between the two parties.

Typically, if the seller is refusing to communicate a closing, and/or grant you an extension for whatever you are requesting it for - you can simply walk away and recoup any earnest money or deposits you gave the seller initially (if this even occured). You can't "force" a seller to sign over the property, if at the end of the day they don't want or are too disorganized to do so.

That said, I have no idea what the details of your transaction are - but it seems like there is no one involved to "quarterback" the situation. I would contact an attorney ASAP to either help enforce the terms of the contract, and/or communicate your demands appropriately to the seller.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 22, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
See links below for flood maps....
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 13, 2010
Ed Fallon, MBA answered:
No. The tax service fee is paid to monitor the payment of taxes, whether they are escrowed and paid by the mortgage servicer, or paid directly by the homeowner.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 20, 2009
Spunky answered:
I would also luv to know the answer to that?????? These programs exist on their website and in their publications......but when you ask about them or call the toll-free #' one has any knowledge???? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 25, 2009
Michelle Harris answered:
I would suggest you discussion the situation with your real estate agent. Since they know to particulars of the sale they can advise weather or not to seek further credit from the sellers.
Michelle Harris
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2008
Nina Chen Landes answered:
Yes, usually this is an error. Sometimes what you will see is $1 as the consideration. If that is the case, it was probably transferred between a family or the parties did not want to disclose publicly what the sale price was. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Bear Creek Township Zip Codes