Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Baytown : Real Estate Advice

  • All71
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 44
Mon May 29, 2017
Mudwatch asked:
MUDs aren't paying for construction... developers/builders and professional service companies are lining their pockets with the money. Join us at to find out more.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 20, 2016
Dan.chambliss asked:
I am looking to build a home in the Baytown, Mont Belvieu area.
Curious the cost per square foot to build medium quality home for couple with no children?

Medium quality
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Cerda3106 asked:
What are options on finding assistance on a down payment,how can I apply for down payment assistance and where?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Cerda3106 asked:
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Cerda3106 asked:
Mon Mar 7, 2016
Clifford Antoine asked:
Thu Aug 13, 2015
Tishra Murray answered:
I can send you a list of homes available in Baytown. Contact me at

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 10, 2015
James Ray answered:
You can call the county and ask for the building department or city clerk.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 12, 2015
Gay Lynn Milliorn answered:
That will depend on what you mean by bad credit. I know a few lenders that can work with credit as low as 580. The standard down payment you can expect to pay for an FHA loan right now is about 3.5% (meaning if you bought a $100,000 home, you would need $3500 down payment). But also remember there are other expenses involved in purchasing a home besides the down payment - there is the inspection, appraisal, and other possible lender fees. If you would like more information or help with connecting to a lender that can assist you, let me know. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 6, 2015
Quinntonia Berry answered:
There are down payment assistance programs available to firs time home buyers in Texas. Your credit score will need to be at least 620 to use these programs. There are some lenders who can help if your credit score is at least 600. FHA and Conventional now offer a 3% down payment program and if you have a great Realtor (like me) they can negotiate closing costs for you. Your first step would be to speak with a lender to get an accurate account of what your credit scores look like and how to repair. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 1, 2015 asked:
Fri Oct 24, 2014
Daniel Frankson answered:
Good afternoon,

It is great to hear that you are jumping into homeownership at such a young age. Congrats on a good decision in my opinion.

I would suggest that the first thing you do is get with a loan officer and realtor that you feel comfortable with. As a first time home buyer, you need the guidance and expertise of someone who understands every step of the process. They will also be able to give you a better understanding of the market in your area. That should help you to determine whether or not a foreclosure is the best option for you. Good Luck.

All the best,

Daniel Frankson
Harry Norman, Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 22, 2014
Jake Daniel answered:
What's the address? I live on Crow Rd. close to the fence to the nature center. The house I'm in didn't flood in Ike, Elisha or ever at all and it was built in '39. The fault line where the severe subsidence started is on the other side of the fence. My survey and elevation cert shows the lowest point of my home to be at 13.5 feet and the lowest floor to be at 15.1 ft. The elevation inside the nature center except for the built up areas is all 0-3 ft. Go up to the fence on Crow, look down what used to be the rest of the street and you can see the roadbed drop off. All that being said, if you're looking at buying out there like we did then get a good home inspection and make sure the inspector crawls under the home to get a real good look at the piers, I'm assuming you're on pier-and-beam? Get a survey and have them do an elevation certificate too. That way if the lender or your insurance needs it you'll already have it and give the City of Baytown a call too, give them the address and ask the floodplain administrator to take a look at the current and proposed new floodplain maps and make sure you won't be in any trouble there. In other words, do your homework! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
I am not sure what you are asking but I can say that buyers should not sign contracts without seeing the disclosures or make the contract contingent on reviewing and approving them in a set time period. You should speak with the managing broker if you feel trust has been broken,. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Belinda Lopez answered:
Hi Nancy, I have several investment properties you might be interested in the Baytown area. Feel free to call me at 832-472-690two or email me:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice