Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

For Rent in Bay Shore : Real Estate Advice

  • All75
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 9
Wed Feb 3, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
The reason it's difficult is because landlords, owners and property managers do not need to accept Section 8 if they don't want to. To them it's much cheaper and easier to find tenants who can pay full price for the apartment or house. Section 8 does not pay the full market price - it pays about 70% of the regular rent. You would need to pay the other 30% for rent. Since you work, if you can convince a landlord or owner that you will pay the additional 30% rent, I'm sure you will find a home quickly. However, let me guess - with 3 kids, you don't have the money to pay 30% extra rent.

Another issue is Section 8 demands that the apartment or house be livable and up to par with Section 8 standards. Again, landlords, owners & property managers don't want to spend extra money to meet the requirements for Section 8. Too expensive. So Section 8 will deny them.

As for realtors or agents, they refuse to work with people on vouchers or programs. Reason is the money that Section 8 or other programs pay is not enough for the work involved. Realtors are self employed and they make more money with buyers and sellers than renters. So agents work where the money is - not with renters or people on Section 8.

You made a bad decision having 3 kids. Learn to save money and improve your credit. Also get off of Section 8.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 10, 2015
Tom Hocker answered:
$1,100 is very do-able. If interested let me know
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 28, 2014
annettewest01@frontier.com answered:
i would like to get a list of your low income apts that will take section 8 voucher , i would love to move over by wenatchee or colviille wash can you please help me with this or send me a email on this then i can give you the address whare i am at now but for now here is my email annettewest01@frontier.com i hope to here back from you soon, with some good news ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Lisa Palermo answered:
dear jean..
you may advertise your rental if you have the proper permit in place..
bay shore is within the town of islip as you know and they are very strict
about enforcement particularly lately..
if you have the permit, at no cost to you a realtor may assist and the
tenant absorbs the cost of the realtor fee..

please give me a call as i am local to you.. thanks..

best regards,

Lisa Palermo
Coldwell Banker Residential
631-921-9979

http://www.cbmoves.com/lisa.palermo

lisa.palermo@cbmoves.com
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
For maximum exposure consider listing with an agent; keep in mind that in this area the tenant pays commission....
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Ed Lacson answered:
Hi Diane, where in ny do you want to be and what is your udget so we can send you listings.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 20, 2008
Glen Hagen answered:
No, this house is not available to Rent... It is For Sale ONLY!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Search
For Rent in Bay Shore Zip Codes

Followers

250