Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Bartow County : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 26
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Brenda Noll SFR Reos answered:
Hello :Brandy,

I realize times have gotten tougher in the Mortgage business. Use to be that with a bankrutcy due to medical you could still be considered for a loan. I would talk to a local lender and have them give you the honest answer. If you need some names please let me know and I'd be happy to help.

As far as HUD homes, you can search for them yourself but you do need a realtor to make an offer. You will need a pre approval letter from your lender and earnest money before you make an offer. Most homes are as is, some have money allowed for carpet and such. You just need to talk to a lender first.

Hope this helps. Give me a call anytime. 404-312-3357

Best regards,
Brenda Noll
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2009
Fred Griffin answered:
See a Real Estate Attorney, immediately.

This sounds like a mess.

Best wishes to you,
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Hank Miller answered:
FSBO's vary, but don't go in without an agent. Dealing with a FSBO is tricky at best and your agent will invariably do twice as much work to get the deal done and keep it together. Sellers typically pay the commissions but as a FSBO it all varies.

You could go at it alone, this isn't rocket science but small errors often lead to big legal bills. Let me know if you need help -

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Peggy Hatley, GRI, CRS answered:
Hello Jeff,
There are several good attorneys in Cartersville and Acworth area. I can recommend a couple if you would like to email me. Concerning you Radon testing, I would find a person that specializes in that and ask for information and cost on what it will take to seal out the radon. I have not had an experience with radon before but have a name of a inspector that may be able to help. Did your inspector not recommend a company or what needs to be done to fix the problem. Radon is something that I would be concerned about. Is your due dilengence period up on the contract? You can email me at ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 22, 2008
Andrea Steele answered:
You are not responsible for the expenses of buying a home. The seller is responsible to pay the commission for the selling agent as well as the listing agent. You basically contact an agent so that they can provide real estate expertise and help you find a home to fit your needs. In the state of Georgia there is a Brokerage Agreement that an agent will ask you to sign if you work with them. I like to get the agreement signed after the client has worked me a time or two so that I can make sure my clients are comfortable. This is really an agreement to protect the agent and pretty much states that you are working with them and no one else. If you have any more questions or looking for a Realtor to work with I would be more than happy to help you. You can email me at: and you can look at my website at: ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2008
Peggy Hatley, GRI, CRS answered:
Hi Jon,
I have a new home in the City of Cartersville that might work for you. My husband is a builder and this is a new home of his. We could look at doing a lease to purchase program while you are repairing your credit. I believe Rena Rogers name was given to you earlier and she would be very good at helping you. I would love to talk to you about the rent and how we could possibly help you. There is a government program called Section 8 that is a rental assistance program that subsidizes your rental payment. It is a great program, it takes a while to get on but it may work for you during this time. My name is Peggy Hatley, My company is Landel Properties, Inc. 770 386-8617 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Bartow County