Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Barrington : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Fri Feb 14, 2014 asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 13, 2014
Sally Grenier answered:
You'll have to talk to a lender about that. I've known some people to take out a home equity loan, or refinance the home and get cash out (to get downpayment $$). BUT...You'll have to be able to qualify for both mortgages, which can sometimes be a challenge for people. I'm not a lender, but I believe there's a way you might be able to use the rental income to help qualify, if you have a certain amount of equity in the home. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 12, 2014
Virginia Wrabel answered:
Most banks can qualify you for a VA mortgage but some info is as follows

Loan limit up to 417,000.00
No income or price limits
Up to 100% loan to value for eligible borrowers
No first time home buyer requirement
VA funding may be financed or paid in cash
Eligible borrowers generally include active duty service members; Reservists and National Guard or
Selected Service that are not otherwise eligible but have at least 6 years of service.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to start by meeting with a local and trusted lender who can pre-qualify you at no cost. they will guide you with what you will need to do in order to get a mortgage either now, or in the future. No credit is better than bad credit. You should gather copies of rent checks that you paid on time and utility bills. One of the best tips tio start credit is to get a credit card that either has a $200-300 credit limit which are easy tio get or get a secured card where you open a savings account which secures the credit limit. use it to buy things you already buy such as gas or groceries and then pay it off every month except for a very small amount to carry over to build credit. If you need help finding someone please email me, I can point you in the right direction.

Scott Godzyk

The #1 Trulia agent in NH
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Jean Feegel answered:
Hi Susan,

I'm sure you have found someone by now, since your post is quite old. However, if in the future you would like to compare rates and policies, give Ron Lemieux, Linewebber and Giffin a call 659-2211. He was able to help clients of mine.

Jean Feegel
Better Homes and Gardens The Masiello Group
603-418-3000 - Ofc
603-781-5559 - Cell
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If the buyer is getting a mortgage, you will be asked to sign a form that states this is the true price of the home. You will also sign the HUD and state tax forms where you will have to sign swearing this is teh true price of teh home. If you accept money not discloses, it is against the law. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. You do not need to do anything against the law tio sell your home. Your agent should be guiding you through this process, if you are selling on your own, you need an attorney... ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Barrington Zip Codes