Steps to Buying.
1) Don't get fixed on one thought, keep an open mind
2) Interview and select a Realtor who knows of several loan programs
1) FHA 2) HomePath 3) BMR 4) City/County Programs
3) Your Realtor will recommend one or more lenders to work with and possibly a financial planner.
4) Your Realtor will take you through the Buyer Process in a Buyer's Interview Meeting
5) You very well may be able to find something that is not a foreclosure, so as I started with, Keep an open mind.
6) Your Realtor will give you a plan and a list along with your lender to achieve your goal.
Good Luck. Oh, geez, I just typed this whole thing up and realized you posted this in November. Did you find your home?