Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Augusta : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Mon Mar 25, 2013
A. Edwards answered:
Based on your question and not knowing all the details, the answer is yes-ish. You need to speak directly with a mortgage lender to figure out your options. I'd be happy to help you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Brad Manning answered:
The simple answer regarding the meaning of the word default in regards to contract law is that the buyer has failed to meet their obligations within the mutually agreed to contract.
Now, in regards to your specific issue. Since you have signed "papers" which I assume are a contract of some type, the specific explanation of "Default" under that contract should be written somewhere in the agreement.
If your potential losses are simply the $500.00, you may want to simply forfeit that amont in order to "Walk Away". However, if the agreement does allow the builder the potential to seek further damages as you mentioned of up to $5000.00. you may want to spend a few hundred dollars in order to discuss the matter with a real estate attorney.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Augusta Zip Codes