Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Augusta : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Fri Aug 5, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 27, 2014
Maggie Moo asked:
if my exhusband was given our home in our divorce, he is the only one on the mortgage i never was, but we are both on the deed, why am I getting calls from the attorney to appear in court…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
If worrying helped, I say go for it. The truth is the lender can deny any loan right up to the last minute for any reason they want. They are looking for cash, collateral and an ongoing source of income. If you can demonstrate to them that your husband's income will not be affected by the closing, then you have nothing new to worry about. They can and often do order a VOE at closing just to ensure nothing changed from the time of application to closing. If the person who answers the phone says anything contrary to ongoing income, you could indeed have a problem.
If he got transferred, would you still want this house or could he be transferred a long distance away? If it's local, just across town then fine. If it's out of state or across the state, that's another matter.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 18, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Kent FHA allows knob and tube wiring. They even allow fuses if the service amperage is high enough. A hookup for a clothes dryer is not required by FHA. A place for a refrigerator is not even required but you do have to be able to hook up a stove. An Fha appraiser is not a home inspector. I am sure that your lender had you sign the form "for your protection get a home inspection". Fha comes right out and tells you that they do not have inspectors but appaisers. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Don Tepper answered:

It may be difficult getting a mortgage, and the advice below is fine if you go that route.

However, there are all sorts of seller financing out there. Ordinary seller financing, contract for deed, land contract, lease-option, lease-purchase. Then there's buying subject to the existing mortgage. Or you can work with an investor or a friend/relative on an equity share arrangement. I've explained these techniques in previous posts, or you can Google them.

Just make sure that you can make the payments. And involve a lawyer in the process to protect your interests.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Augusta Zip Codes