Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Atlantic Beach : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 10
Tue Aug 4, 2015
Tony Grech answered:
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (conventional loans) require that the unit be at least 400 square feet. Smaller than this is indicative that it might be being operated as a hotel/motel/timeshare which are ineligible properties for conventional financing.

Who does the condo complex recommend for financing? I'm sure they have a lender or two that has closed loans there and might be able to help you. That's the best bet
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 11, 2015
Teresa Bell asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 1, 2014
Della Harrell asked:
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Sandy Peyton asked:
Thu Jul 18, 2013
nick answered:
The current condo fees are $405 per month and include basic cable, water and sewer, landscaping and pool maintenance, clubhouse use and maintenance and exterior maintenance and repairs.

Nick Sartor, Owner
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 7, 2013
pdfforms2013 answered:
The HOA is run by owners whose main goal is to make the property more renter friendly. You can expect "special assessments" during the year, not because the dues aren't enough, but because the board members will spend the dues on items that are not needed (like the tacky sign, which is 50% advertising space). If you want to buy a unit to rent, this is the place for you! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Ann Brice answered:
Look up Property Management companies for Morehead City, NC in a phone book or online. These companies handle rentals. You might try doing a google search for condo rentals in Atlantic Beach also. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Marcia Holcomb answered:
The HOA should have drawings of the units. Call or email me and I will help you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Barbara Johnson answered:
Hi Llew

I do work for a company that is hired by lenders to go out and work with owners to help them keep their homes when they are behind in payments. There is no charge to the owner and my fees are paid by the lender. Often I find that the client I am assigned to contact has been deluged by "fee-based" companies who claim to be able to help them keep their homes. The owners are thrilled when I show up at the door with a service that is absolutely free to them courtesy of their lender.

The word needs to get out that lenders are eager to work with their clients to modify loans so that people can make their payments and stay in their homes. Under the Obama plan, lenders receive incentives to modify loans and help people avoid foreclosure. Realtors can have a great impact when they spread this word with their clients.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Atlantic Beach Zip Codes