Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Atlanta : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info362
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling143
  • Market Conditions99

Activity 247
Mon Dec 11, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Before you closed on this home, were you given a time period for due diligence? Typically, before a buyer signs closing documents, there is a time period of a few weeks where the buyer can have inspections done, research the neighborhood, schools, commute to work, etc. During this period of time, the buyer can back out or cancel the transaction using one of the contingencies in the contract. Typically, once you close and the title or deed transfers into your name, anything that happens after that day is your responsibility.

As Solomon said, you can sell your home the day after you close. There is no wait period. However, in most cases it takes a period of about 3 - 5 years for a new owner to gain equity in their home. If you sell before the 3 year time frame, you will need to pay cash to sell your home. Buyers will see what you paid for your home and will offer less than what you paid.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 21, 2017
Gigigcw answered:
You may want to consider donating it. I think it would be the fastest way of getting rid of it. Especially if you wanna get out of putting more money into it. Real Estate With Causes has a great donation program, they accept real estate of all sorts. Anything from farm land to commercial property. The best way to find out if your property is something they're able to accept is submitting their online donation form on the web site They're great about getting back fairly quickly, and if you have any questions they're glad to help. The good thing about donating is you get a tax deduction, and you contribute to bettering the lives of many people. What they typically do with real estate donations is they either sell the properties or they actually donate them back out. If you'd like to learn more about what they do visit their web site. Hopefully this helps you out a bit. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 2, 2017
Gigigcw answered:
If you're struggling to sell your home, you might even want to consider donating. Especially if you're trying to get it out of your hands sooner rather than later. An alternative might be to donate it. Especially with tax season coming up, it might save you quit a bit. If you're at all interested in considering donating I would recommend visiting Real Estate With Causes' web site. They have a great program. Their either donate the homes they receive, or they sell them and use the proceeds to help those in need. The process is simple to begin as well, you would just need to submit this form ( and one of their real estate rep's will contact you. You can always call them, or submit a contact form if you'd like to ask them any questions. Just an idea, I hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Betsylow answered:
Do I have to pay the rental broker one month commission if eventually I found my own renter. and he did not get renter for me after 2 months.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 13, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
Yes, you need to pay the realtor who is bringing the buyer to you. You can check flat fee brokerages if you are trying to save money but make sure that they will help you when needed. Someone that I know hired a flat fee broker once and everytime he had a question he would ask me. He even asked me to create a net sheet for him. Another thing to keep in mind is that commission is negotiable. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 9, 2017
Ann Keen asked:
Selling rental property in Georgia, closing keeps getting delayed. Selling agent was told latest delay is because lender needs buyer to sign a NOD form. What is this? Property being sold…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 2, 2017
Gail Mercedes Cole answered:
Hello Rich,
I am in Marina Del Rey CA. In this area the high rise condos sell at high prices. Keep in mind Marina City Club, Cove, Azzurra and Regatta offer city, marina, ocean and or mountain views. Upper floor units sale at a premium. These are full service luxury complexes. Each has subterranean parking. Townhouse sell at lesser value. Even though can offer more living space, attached private garages and patios. The decision is up to the buyers lifestyle and budget. Hope information helpful.

Gail Mercedes Cole
Hills Premier Realty
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 13, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
No. I don't see any contingency wording here. I would VERIFY that the parking space will be deeded to you and that the sale is NOT part of the purchase contract but a separate addendum. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 1, 2017
Chrissimacgregor answered:
my sister sold her 900,000 home herself. Think of the money she pocketed . Since she felt she was doing all of the work (no experience in Realestate) herself;pictures, staging, advertising, she should keep her earnings. She paid the flat fee on MLS and put it up on Zillow an Trulia. Zillow doesn't update properly by the way. Actually it was purchased by some walkers by. She held two open houses and the final buyers saw the sign. Key is get professional pictures don't do it yourself. The buyer does all the work, gets the closing attorney, look an arrangements ,, just Nike sure you get earnest money And read read read .
Hope that helps
... more
0 votes 81 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 24, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Yes you can sell your home but you will be required to pay a FIRPTA tax. Google "FIRPTA" to read about it and see what is required of you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 18, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
You need a good real estate attorney in the area where the home is located. From now on, take the advice an attorney will give you: Do NOT talk or communicate with your ex.

Unfortunately, nobody online can offer you advice because this is a legal matter - not a real estate matter. What you should have done is never allowed your boyfriend to be on the title with you. That was a huge mistake. For this reason alone is why you need an attorney. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 11, 2017
Mary answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours. Please note that you can post your property as For Sale By Owner using only the parcel number.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 26, 2017
Alan May answered:
Just move forward. If the house is priced well, the market is still moving. You will have more showings... patience.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 12, 2017
Blackbrenda64 answered:
I have a home for sale in Pooler, GA. My agent, although licensed, is basically a property manager and has too many other projects and selling my home is not his priority. Can I co-list with a full-time realtor who will give my property his/her full attention. ... more
0 votes 31 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 5, 2017
Sally Grenier answered:
Unfortunately, the numbers you see on these sites are generated by complex algorithms and there really is nothing anyone can do. This is just a marketing website and they pull the data from various sources. And most of us pros know the data isn't very good nor accurate, which is why we always tell our buyers and sellers to never pay attention to these bogus websites! The good news is that most buyers will be working with a Realtor, who will be able to explain this to them if it comes up. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 21, 2017
Stan.orlowski asked:
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Miangevic answered:
I am interesting in purchasing properties to flip them in atlanta. What are the best areas for that?
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 24, 2016
Greentekfirst answered:
Absolutely not. When performing due diligence when purchasing property in Georgia, or any state for that matter, you can do your own real estate title and lien search online. Do an online search for "Title search websites" and look for only "Organic" results for companies that have true authority on the subject. I.E. US Title Records

I would most definitely advise purchasing a title insurance policy once the Preliminary title search has been completed. (Also see Chain of title searches).
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 10, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
That is not what Trulia does. You can post your listings here and market yourselves. You should also set up accounts on Active Rain and start a blog to market. I put a free link below
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice