Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Atlanta : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info353
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling138
  • Market Conditions99

Activity 236
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Miangevic answered:
I am interesting in purchasing properties to flip them in atlanta. What are the best areas for that?
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 24, 2016
Greentekfirst answered:
Absolutely not. When performing due diligence when purchasing property in Georgia, or any state for that matter, you can do your own real estate title and lien search online. Do an online search for "Title search websites" and look for only "Organic" results for companies that have true authority on the subject. I.E. US Title Records

I would most definitely advise purchasing a title insurance policy once the Preliminary title search has been completed. (Also see Chain of title searches).
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 10, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
That is not what Trulia does. You can post your listings here and market yourselves. You should also set up accounts on Active Rain and start a blog to market. I put a free link below
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

I am happy to help you get your listing posted on Trulia.

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:\

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 16, 2016
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Cynthia - No one can answer this question, as no one has seen or read your contract!

You're asking a legal question - so you might want to seek legal advice

Maybe working with an agent isn't such a bad idea, as clearly you're in over your head.

If you still want to go it on your own, I strongly suggest you take time to learn about the home selling process............. or pay an attorney to represent your interests

Best wishes.....
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 12, 2016
Michael.edwards asked:
Wed Jul 27, 2016
Solomon Greene answered:
Hi Keeney,

I recently showed a condo conversion in that area (an apartment building that is now a condo). The property showed nicely, but she was expecting to see more space, even though the listing clearly read single bedroom. We visited because many single bedrooms offer a loft area that is not, by definition, a bedroom. Because it was an apartment conversion, the property was up two flights of stairs and the parking arrangements were not very clear.

The good news is that this property was in an FHA approved complex. You may want to be sure that your condo is FHA approved, is priced right and shows well. In this limited inventory market, it should move quickly if all of those components apply.

Good luck and please keep the faith. It will soon sell.

Solomon Greene
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 5, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Are you a seller? Or buyer? Not sure what you're really asking for, or what the circumstances are. Did you have your home listed for sale? Did you get any offers? If you only had a "verbal agreement", then you have no legally binding agreement, and you really don't need any "release letter". If you're very early on and nothing has really been done, and you're no longer wanting to work with this agent and you don't have any contract in writing, just call them or email them saying you no longer want to work with them. It's pretty straight forward.

However, if it was listed for sale, and there is a buyer making an offer, or you're under contract with a buyer...then the agent, theoretically, could argue he/she deserves a commission, and might come after you for it.

If you're a buyer, and you no longer want to work with that agent you basically have no legally binding agreement in place. However...if that agent worked his/her butt off for you, and helped you find a house, and now you don't want to work with him/her....they can come after you for a commission. It's called "procuring cause".

Way too many unknowns here to give you a clear answer. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 5, 2016
Elizabeth Cooper asked:
Sat Apr 16, 2016
Gary Field asked:
Please help. Gary Field, 3368 Regalwoods Drive, Atlanta, GA 30340. 912-631-6808. Thanks
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 5, 2016
Mark answered:
To answer your question, the best way is to put the commission fees on the open market and let the free market speak as Realtors bid your commission rate to earn your listing. Commission fees are negotiable and can vary by zip. We find the best way to compare commission fees is to reverse-auction them. That is why we created; a free service for Sellers who can invite agents to submit their marketing plan and commission structure. It is a patent pending process that is saving Sellers thousands and giving Realtors listings without spending advertising dollars.

It is completely free to the Seller and there is no obligation for the Seller to pick the lowest bid or any bid. The whole time the Seller remains anonymous as we never publish your street address or contact information. Sellers can sit back and review marketing plans, commission bids, ratings and reviews. A big win for the Seller AND the Realtor. After all, Agents are not charged to register or bid and they have no obligation to bid. Give it a try:
... more
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 22, 2016
Ber1414 answered:
Before I listed my house for sale I got sortof a pre-inspection. Know however that if you do get an inspection you will have to disclose it on the sellers disclosure, I'm not saying that's an issue, just something to know. As far as your AC goes if you do decide to replace it I recommend you do it in the slow season, when I worked at a very large AC/plum company many years ago the AC tech's were begging for work after the summer when the weather was nice. You can very likely get a better estimate and/or negotiate better during this time frame. I don't think the benefit would be that great for 1 year, you would probably save more making sure your AC is running well #1 are ducts leaking, you can likely duct tape them for quick repair #2 are all vents open inside the house, your AC will work harder if you have closed vents #3 the cheap AC filters changed regularly is the most efficient solution, the thicker filters make your unit work harder #4 turn off ceiling fans if nobody is in the room, the air circulation benefit is just a rumor your're just wasting electricity #5 I think they call it vampire power, if you have stuff plugged in continuously it does waste power even when not in use #6 a ridge vent on your roof and/or attic fan will save you $

Its hard to say what's better to market the house with the new unit or lower price for negotiation. I think in a buyers market it's better to have the house as perfect as possible to be competitive, and in a sellers market you can leave it for negotiation. I also think the interior plays a lot in to this, in my area if your house is not updated likely only an investor will buy it, and if an investor is buying it they don't care about condition of much so long as the price is right. So in my area only consider changing the AC if your interior is updated, otherwise leave the interior and the AC for the investor to update. Ask a real estate agent to be sure but I think it's still a little more of a buyers market right now in the Houston area.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 21, 2016
Rebecca Kirson asked:
The picture shown is very outdated and not a good photo!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
What does your listing contract say?? If you don't have anything in writing, then you don't owe him/her anything.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 10, 2016
Solomon Greene answered:
Sat Jan 2, 2016
Karen Ence answered:
How long does it take for an agent to contact me after filling out the "How Much is my Home Worth" page on your web-site?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
I would speak with your real estate agent to discuss closing cost this is something that is negotiable. Best of luck
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice