Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30349 : Real Estate Advice

  • All45
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 36
Wed Aug 16, 2017
Donna Morris asked:
Tue Feb 7, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
Have your agent work with the listing agent to correct the problem, replacing it or crediting you the amount so you can do it. Your agent should guide you to your options.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2017
Tracylwood answered:
Hi There,
Horrible Company!!! They take your money and give absolutely no DIRECTION!!
And no money back. Stay AWAY!!

Tucson AZ
0 votes 41 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 8, 2016
Hopelinda answered:
Foreclosures may not lead the evening newcast anymore but they are still everywhere!
With an uncertain economy, fragile housing market, recession fears, and continued high unemployment and stagnant wages, there is still a huge number of foreclosures hitting the market each month!

There has never been a better time than right now to get into this lucrative business. Government agencies, Banks, Lenders, and their Representatives are in constant need of trained people, like I can teach you to be, to cleanout and maintain these foreclosures and help get these properties ready for resale. As foreclosures continue to rise, there is a growing opportunity for you to make money cleaning out and maintaining these foreclosures.

Web Reference:
... more
2 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 11, 2015
Aaron Mtuanwi answered:
I am sure that the one piece of info would not prevent you from getting a pre-qual letter.
I work with some preferred lenders that can accommodate your request.
We can also get together to discuss
Aaron 6784996065
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 9, 2015
dherleyloans answered:
Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here, there are not legitimate and if they have a free email account tag i.e. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live etc then they are not legitimate. If they have telephone number with international dialing codes from Nigeria, India, UK, Singapore and France then you have to beware. A legitimate company would have a genuine website, personalized email address/account and based in the country they claim they are. I would recommend anyone looking a a serious/honest loan lender to visit: DAVID HERLEY FINANCE HOME BASED IN THE USA and their reputation speaks louder than others in the industry when it come to obtaining all kinds of loan, mortgage, debt consolidation and Real Estate Loans. Their full website information and contact details are tel no: +1 (321)-323-1809, Website: or Email: located in Orlando, Florida. USA. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Marc D'Angelo - Lender answered:
Cottonality; The normal answer to your question depends on the type of financing you are seeking and the circumstances of your Bankruptcy. As a Mortgage Banker for over 15 years it comes down to this in a nutshell. If you are going with a Government backed loan( FHA,VA) there is no additional waiting period but you must credit qualify. If there was a home included in the bankrutcy and it was either foreclosed or sold as a shortsale you must wait up to 3 years from the date of the transfer not the sale date. The transfer is when the bank actually records the deed in their name.
If you are thinking about going Conventional other rules apply that would require longer waiting period and much larger down payments.

As for qualifing your first step you need to do is have some one look at your credit report and go over it with you. I can tell you that regardless of how good your attorney was that it will have several errors. You will more than likely have a few weeks of clearing these issues up with the bureaus. Your next step is working on your credit score. Lenders today have minimum credit score requirements of around 640. The lenders that claim to have the ability to close a loan with much lower scores of around 580 have credit overlays that will make it extremely difficult to qualify.

Feel free to contact me anytime 7 days a week I am here to help you.

Marc D’Angelo
Mortgage Banker
678.442.3405 Office
678.985.6834 Fax
404.925.8291 Cell
apply online:
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Sharon Felton answered:
Call property managers for apartment complexes in your area. Even after renters move out, property managers will need to get the place cleaned and updated for the next tenant. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Appraisal By Michael answered:
Good morning,

If you are still in need of knowing the value of the home in which you are trying to buy you can give me a call at (404) 955-9997. An appraisal can get to the bottom of the homes worth. Sometimes homeowners list their home according to their feelings and not facts. If you are looking to invest in this home, I highly recommend you consider an appraisal.

Atlanta Certified Real Estate Appraiser
(404) 955-9997
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
Have you considered financing for this property? There are some things to think about when buying an investment property. Well first off since this is an investment property and not your primary home, things will be treated differently when it comes to finances and rules. You can no longer qualify for any of the first-time buyer perks like grants or an FHA loan unless you actually plan to occupy this property. Otherwise, you will be expected to pay a higher down payment and interest rate if this is your second property. Either way, you should speak with a lender like myself that would be able to help you with your questions when it comes to financing. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 24, 2013
Ben Coughanour answered:
I am not sure what you are asking here? Cutting grass lawns for foreclosed properties could be a good addition to a lawn companies business/clients. Most counties have code requirements on maintaining the grass on a property and can fine the property owner (the bank if it is foreclosed) up to $1,000 dollars a day. For this reason, the bank has a very good incentive to hire a lawn keeping service to prevent any fines or liens from county code enforcement. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 24, 2013
Ben Coughanour answered:
You will get the most results by contacting a local property maintenance company. If you can find the local vendor for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, they will be responsible for a large number of foreclosures that will need to be emptied and cleaned for re-sale. You can also reach out to individual banks that would have foreclosures in the area. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Robert Robbins answered:
Seller's Concessions(or as you stated Credits) are used for Closing costs and possibly escrow funding.
the price you pay for a home is 100% as you stated, but you have not added closing costs to your price.

If you go to the store and buy the advertised 60" big screen tv for $999.99 is that all you pay?
No, you still have 6-7% sales tax (if in GA) that TV is actually $1069.99 or $70.00 more
Sellers Concessions would strictly deal with the $70 in this case. Same for a Home

let's forget about rates and bank related closing costs as that is a whole other discussion, and just deal with Third Party Fees
Third Party fees include
a. Attorney's closing fee/s
b. Title Search/Abstractor
c. Title Policy's Lender's and Owner's(this one is for your protection)
d. State Taxes
e. County Filing Fees

in GA just these Fees on a 100k loan can average $3,000 or 3%

you still have to fund an escrow account 1.5-3% (taxes and Insurance vary too much to give a good estimate)and pay the bank any fees you agreed to as well

in addition to that FHA and VA have Up Front Funding Fees
FHA 1.75% and VA 0%-3.3%

in the case of an FHA loan this home would have
100k purchase offer price
+3,000 third party fees
+2,000 escrow funding
+1,750 Up-Front PMI Funding
**Plus Bank fees if you elected to pay them(not my recommendation)
this simple 100k home actually costs 106,750 **not included

so you sellers offer in this case to give 5% sellers concessions would cover the third party fees and Escrow fundings. you are still responsible for the rest.

I hope that this answers your questions, Best Wishes,

Rob Robbins
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Cornerstone Mortgage Group
6151 Powers Ferry Road NW
Suite 610 Atlanta GA 30339
Office 678-578-7613
Toll Free 866-430-0970
Cell 404-932-5353
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Bruce Ailion answered:
6024 Kahiti Trce, Union City, GA 30291 Dead end street backs to woods. Send me you email to be set up on a search of homes and notification when they are listed in the MLS system.

Bruce ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Amanda Vanwinkle answered:
You really need to look around all areas in Atlanta to see what best fits your needs and wants. I would advise a visit to look around and then move forward once you have narrowed your search down. Feel free to contact me as so can answer your questions.
Amanda Vanwinkle
Keller Williams
Cell: 678-923-7323
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
De Vonte Williamson answered:
Hi Lorraine,

There are a number of factors that will determine whether or not the purchaser will be entitled to his/her earnest money. You should consult with your real estate attorney to review the purchase and sale agreement with you, to see if you have any legal recourse/remedies. Because I am not a real estate attorney, nor do I have additional information regarding the situation, I strongly suggest that you speak with your real estate attorney.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Top Relocation Associate- Setauket,
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Larry Casner answered:
Sorry, but two of the three responses are incorrect. College Park is made up of two separate counties and two zip codes, yet the zip codes cross county lines. Portions are incorporated, yet the majority of the region is not. It also contains a protected historic district and a substantial portion is commercial.

Rebecca, you are in unincorporated Clayton County and your property is zoned residential. Because you are unincorporated, you would need to go through the county zoning and planning. They are located in the old court house in Jonesboro and their phone number is (770) 477-3569.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice