Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Atascocita : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Fri Dec 9, 2016
Gentryv6159 answered:
Tue Jul 19, 2016
Dwynette Meadows answered:
The listing agent should have asked Kelly is she was working with an agent. Kelley is the customer in this situation. The listing agents fiduciary responsibility is to the seller, and therefor do what is best for the client, in this case the seller. ... more
0 votes 38 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2016
Cconroy asked:
Large kitchen, with island, great fenced in back yard, that travels down to a pier/boat dock,garage/utility building.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 6, 2015
James L. Smith answered:
If the home appears to be priced correctly in comparison to previous sales in the market within the last 6 months. It sounds as if it may be an appearance issue. I would definitely remove any clutter around the house as well as have the house in a clean and orderly fashion at all times when listed on the market. I would also make sure there are not any minor repairs or deferred maintenance on the interior or exterior of the property.

The 3 major selling points when listing a home are Landscape, Kitchen, and Master bath. If it is at all possible, you may want to do some minor updating/upgrading prior to or during the listing in order to gain an advantage to the competition in the neighborhood.
... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Virginia Calise answered:
I have an amazing mortgage broker I use. It may not be as bad as you think. Another solution is owner financing. That will usually run you at least 20% down. If you need help drop me an email or a call. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Bruce Erickson answered:
Yes but be careful that what you are covering and at what level is the same for all insurance proposals. Some insurance agents will try to sell you a policy that will not cover the full damage or have such high deducible that it will not be worth the paper it is written on if (when) you have a claim.

Insurance is expensive and confusing and if you make a mistake it will cost you way more than some small saving on the annual policy cost.

Best of luck .. Bruce
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Chess & Kim Scott answered:
Rebecca, I would need some more information from you to better understand exactly what you are asking. Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to see how I can be of assistance.

Kim Scott
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 30, 2011
Gus Pishue answered:
A great place to look for jobs in your area would be or also Your local newspaper should also have job listings in the Humble, TX area. Hope this helps. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Susan Brown answered:
Walden is one of the lowest in the Atascocita Area, with a 2.78% tax rate. And don't forget your homestead exemption, if this is your primary residence. And you can always protest your home taxes each year with the Harris County Appraisal District. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Susan Brown answered:
There are a few facilites to check out for you mother. The Rosemont & The Westminster House are in the Kingwood/Atascocita communities. The Silverado is up on Hwy 59 nearer to hospitals & the airport. Their websites are below:

Hope this helps you with your search,
Susan Brown
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 26, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
Normally they have 30 days to respond but there is questions of what happens if they do not respond. After the 30 days you can simply write a letter giving the owner a 30 day notice that you are moving out because of the problems and their lack of response to repair them within the 30 days notice. Make sure you list the items again with any proof you have. take pictures for your records. After the 30 days you can move out, then you may have to fight for your security deposit bhack. If you are working with legal advice you should ask them if you can do these things in your area, state laws differ from place to place. If you really want to take it a step further you call the city housing inspector for an inspectrion. Smoke detectors should be hard wired but you can always spend $10 and get a battery one for your own well being. good luck working things out ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 21, 2008
Allen Hebert answered:

Here are a few other sites that will upload to trulia.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Atascocita Zip Codes