Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Aransas County : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Angelica P, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA
Thu Oct 6, 2016
Angelica P answered:

Public Record status means that the property is not an active listing or for sale.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Joshua Marri…, Real Estate Pro in Southlake, TX
Fri Jul 1, 2016
Joshua Marriott answered:
When buying a home in the Texas coastal areas TWIA or Texas Windstorm Insurance Association will handle the windstorm insurance. I'm assuming you used cash to purchase since I doubt any lender will allow a sale without windstorm insurance. If you go to sell it and the buyer is trying to get a loan and they cant get windstorm insurance they can't buy. I would contact TWIA and see what you need to do to get a windstorm certificate which will allow it to be insured. Windstorm insure-ability is usually handled by the insurance company not the real estate agent. I just happen to know a good deal about it having done a lot of coastal deals. Anything you do to the exterior needs to have a windstorm certificate roof, windows, garage door, etc. If the windows are original you may be grandfathered. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Susan Condley, Home Buyer in Talmadge, San Diego,...
Wed Jul 29, 2015
Susan Condley asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Becky Calaway, Home Buyer in Rockport, TX
Sat Jun 28, 2014
Becky Calaway answered:
That should read "55 plus" communities.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Keri Patters…, Real Estate Pro in Rockport, TX
Fri Mar 21, 2014
Keri Patterson answered:
The only way to determine the elevation is to order a new certificate from a surveyor. With the new FEMA forms and changes in flood determination even if there is an exixsting elevation certificate a new one may be required. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Linda Fisher, Real Estate Pro in Humble, TX
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Linda Fisher answered:
You will need to read your deed rstrictions as all are not yhe same,

Sometimes they can take you to court and get a judgement , , I think that would be unusual,

o be very sure contact attoret that specialies in Real Estate.

Good Lucck

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Kristen Gils…, Real Estate Pro in Corpus Christi, TX
Thu Aug 8, 2013
Kristen Gilstrap answered:
Hi Ray,

New construction houses here in Corpus Christi are ranging from about $89-104sqft and then you would need to add the price of the lot on top of that. If you need help locating a builder in the area. I am happy to help you get connected.

Feel free to call me on my cell: 361-425-4451
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
sandy swanson, Real Estate Pro in rockport, TX
Sat Aug 3, 2013
sandy swanson answered:
Oops, I meant to type $119 to $130 psf. sorry.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Jesse R Gonz…, Home Buyer in Rockport, TX
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Jesse R Gonzalez answered:
148 channel view ialready found it thanks
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Alex R Johns…, Real Estate Pro in Fulton, TX
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Alex R Johnson answered:
Contact any Texas licensed inspector & ask. Each have their own criteria & set their own prices so some may or may not. It's important to obtain inspections from those with appropriate licensure by the Texas Real Estate Commission. Hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
keith hamilt…, Real Estate Pro in Rockport, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
keith hamilton answered:
sandy swanson, Real Estate Pro in rockport, TX
Fri Jun 8, 2012
sandy swanson answered:
This is really a HOA question and depending on the type, style, etc. it may be allowed. Call Tom Callan, president at 361-729-7077 or email him at for a definitive answer. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Mon Sep 12, 2011
Bruce Lynn answered:
I think you can only use VA for primary residence, not second home.

Since your first is paid off, can you move to the new home permanently and use the first as a second home, or rental? ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Michael Cheng, Real Estate Pro in San Jose, CA
Sun Sep 11, 2011
Michael Cheng answered:
This forum isn't structured to reach buyers. Besides, there are as many reasons to buy or not buy as there are buyers. Getting a convenience sampling won't get you very far and doesn't replace actual experience. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Don Groff, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX
Wed Aug 3, 2011
Don Groff answered:
It's not really the seller assisting with closing costs. Although it may appear that way the seller is just looking at the bottom line. They do not care if some funds are going to towards a buyer's closing costs.... they only care about the bottom line. Granted if multiple offers are being considered a buyer who is asking for less or no seller concessions would b preferred to one who is asking for all or most of their closing costs regardless if the net to the seller is the same. This is because the other buyer not asking for those costs will appear to be a stronger buyer.

So the question is not really should they assist with the buyer's closing costs. It actually comes down to the bottom line and if you can agree on that number you have a deal.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Dan, Home Buyer in Alabama
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Dan answered:
The price contains all the information required.

Today's prices are typically much higher(in real terms) than they will be in 12 months.

Therein lies the obstacle: that I will be taking a substantial economic hit if I buy that home. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
James Ward,  in Texas
Wed Jul 13, 2011
James Ward answered:
As Don mentioned there are many purchase programs available to include FHA (3.5% down payment), Conventional (as little as 3% down payment with a 660 score minimum and MI). In addition - USDA financing allows up to 103.5% financing in qualified areas for qualified moderate-income families allowing the borrower to finance the closing cost. In addition - NO monthly MI, unlimited seller contributions and unrestricted gift funds. Also - VA financing up to 100% with NO MI. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our offices at 713.528.0333 or visit our web site at ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Alex R Johns…, Real Estate Pro in Fulton, TX
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Alex R Johnson answered:
Trulia is such a great resource to locate property & learn more about the area. Looks like you've gotten your question answered about 919 Ibis by some of the TOP PRODUCERS of Aransas County!

For a 'hodge podge' of real estate topics from financing to decorating, view my blog...right HERE on Trulia! If you're a FACEBOOK user, check out the Lynn Johnson Realty, Inc., Broker page for the 'latest & greatest''s not ALL real estate...we've got some community info there too! Betcha you'lll "LIKE" us!

Good Luck with the Ibis property & don't hesitate to call or email with any additional questions.
Lynn Johnson, ABR, CRS, REALTOR
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Dee Ytreeide,  in Rockport, TX
Fri Jun 19, 2009
Dee Ytreeide answered:
Goose Island has many nice homes and so does Key Allegro Island. It would be a matter of personal taste and choice as to what a person would prefer. We do not have many foreclosures at this time in the area but most of the banks that take over foreclosures tend to price at going market value. Feel free to contact me direct at and I will be happy to help you with your search for a home in Rockport and the Coastal Bend area. Dee Ytreeide, Broker Associate, Coldwell Banker, The Ron Brown Co, 1821 Broadway overlooking Little Bay, Rockport, TX 78382. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Aransas County