Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Apple Valley : Real Estate Advice

  • All215
  • Local Info22
  • Home Buying80
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 12
Thu Apr 14, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Jeanid35, what happened? You should consult with the Inland Mediation Board which is a free legal advice service for landlord and tenant rights. The answers will be within the lease and if the lease ran out then it would have gone to month to month rent.

Here is the link to the brochure to call and find out your rights and let us know.

Do you need rentals or purchase listings to look at and consider? If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

You should study RENT vs BUY options as you may qualify to buy and pay less than rent in many local cities. You may qualify to buy with minimum out of pocket expenses and pay less than rent.

Beware of the many rental scams out there these days on all sites. The scams are on all of the rental listing sites except one that us agents/broker use such as mls, multiple listing service.

You should not give anyone any funds or personal information without confirming with a licensed agent/broker or management company to find out whom you should be dealing with and the status of any address of interest.

You may qualify to BUY with minimum out of pocket expenses such as less than first, last and security deposit of a rental. If you don't qualify VA you may qualify for the 3%-5% Sapphire Grant down payment assistance program from a minimum 620 fico score.

If you decide to buy you will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to submit offers on homes of your choice. You will need to gather documentation such as one month paystubs, two month bank statements, last two year tax returns, 1040's, 1099's, W2's and all schedules, copies of drivers license/ID and social security card for each applicant.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down. You may consider a 3%-5% Sapphire Grant down payment program up to 417k from a minimum 620 fico score which does not have to be repaid.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and consider. Here are some links to study about me as well as web reference links to many loan programs...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 10, 2015
Jacquez1 answered:
how long do i have until i have to move out after my home has been sold at auction?

that my x-husband and I owned unnoticed to me for unpaid taxes

what can I do to stop this?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Jose Ixmay answered:
Each lender has their own set of guidelines as to the maximum amount of money they are willing to give. I'd suggest you contact the agent representing the lender and explain the situation so that you know upfront what the lender is willing to do. Note that cash for keys is not an obligation and a lender can always decide to pursue an eviction. I would suggest to consult an attorney if you have not done so already. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Bo Goulet, broker answered:

I'll need more information. Are you listed in a will? Are you the successor trustee of a living trust?

Give me a call, so we can talk privately.

Bo Goulet, cdpe
Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE #01854568
Shear Realty-Spring Valley Lake
12170 Spring Valley Pkwy.
Victorville, CA 92395
Mobile: (760) 713-6137
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Bo Goulet, broker answered:

I hope everything has worked out for you.

You may be ready to purchase another home soon. If there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to call.

Bo Goulet, cdpe
DRE# 01854568
(760) 713-6137
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Bo Goulet, broker answered:

I work closely with investors who purchase foreclosures at foreclosure sales. I can possibly help you out with the process. Give me a call with your address handy.

Bo Goulet
(760) 713-6137
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 7, 2012
sarah oswald answered:
Yes, absolutely. You are under contract with the homeowner. Whether it is a lease or month to month , you are under the obligation stipulated by the terms of the contract. If you default, the homeowner can initiate pay or quit notice. You might be responsible for all legal expenses if you are found guilty during the legal proceedings. It might also damage your credit, which might hinder you from finding a future place to rent or purchase. I recommend that you have an open communication with your landlord and find out if they will release you from the contract. It might be worth a try. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Bo Goulet, broker answered:
As Shane said, check your modification for any restrictions.

If you would like, I can help you get in touch with someone who can let you know how much you qualify for.

Bo Goulet

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Erik answered:
Qualifying for a foreclosure, "repo," "REO," "Bank-owned" home is no different than qualifying for a regular home. As Marla mentioned, banks don't care what kind of purchase it is, though they do care about conditions about specific things within the home.

It's best if you ask for a list of homes available from your agent. Your agent can also enter your info where you will receive automatic updates on homes that come available on the market as soon as they are made available. It's possible this way that you see them even before your agent sees them at times, if you view your e-mail before he or she does.

If you are driving around and finding properties on your own it is best that you write those addresses down and give them to your agent to have him or her investigate those addresses and availability for them.

Good luck, Theresa.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 25, 2009
Jesse Sierra answered:
H Warner,
NACA can possibly negotiate a workout loan with your lender. It all depends on the circumstances and your income to be able to pay the restructured loan.

You should also contact a real estate attorney and see what your tax and credit responsibilities will be.

Check out the HUD site and contact a home counselor.

I wish you the best and be strong,

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 23, 2009
Jesse Sierra answered:
Sam DeBord, has a point that I forgot to metion. Do not call or accept calls from people that claim that they can help you with your preforeclosure by doing loan mods. They will ask for a fee up front which is illegal.
Here is an alert from the the Department of Real Estate of California.
Below is another link from the Department of Real Estate of California

Good looking out Sam,

Jes Sierra, Realtor
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Apple Valley Zip Codes