1) Make sure they are current on their mortgage payments
2) When you exchange keys, they are required to leave you an inventory list, which is due 2 weeks after you move in.
3) This will be the guideing document when you move out so you get your security deposit back when you leave.
4) When you leave, give them a forwarding address to send the Security Deposit back.
5) Make sure it is noted in the lease who will be responsible for minor repairs.
6) Note who will be responsible for snow removal and lawn care.
7) Attorney review is always good.