Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Anderson : Real Estate Advice

  • All81
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 27
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Niki Davis answered:
I see that you're in NY, is this a mobile home in SC? If so, the answer isn't a quick and easy one. Detitling isn't a fast process, and your closing attorney should have had the title work done in enough time for you to see that there was an issue and act on it. The seller doesn't actually hand the title over to the attorney, a title search is done at the courthouse. It should have been evident to the listing agent that it hadn't been detitled. When it's detitled, it becomes real estate and it's TMS number is merged with the land. A titled mobile home still has the original number associated with the mobile home itself. In Anderson County, It's a "400" number that can be easily searched. While it's being taken care of, as a buyer's agent I would suggest that the buyer be allowed to occupy before closing, if that's a possibility, to alleviate some of the problem. Again, if this is in SC, there is a form available for Realtors to use to cover this condition. So sorry this happened to you. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 16, 2016
Alaney answered:

I see that you are listed as being in Lexington, SC. If you are trying to look from afar, it can be challenging. If you're hoping to live in a subdivision - and within a certain distance from Anderson Mall, that criteria can be paired with other information (like the number of beds and baths you want, your price range, or even whether you want a garage!) in our MLS system and EVERY result that suits you will show up. I'd be happy to help you find what you are looking for! Feel free to touch base with me at if I can help! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 11, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
A functioning septic system is a must, not a nice to have item. Cracked septic tanks, failing drainfields, a system too small for the size of the home (this often happens when someone expands the number of bedrooms without expanding the drainfield to match), damaged pipes can all lead to expensive repairs. Replacing septic tanks can cost several thousand dollars, depending on the type of tank and size. Drainfields, however, are the most expensive part of the septic system and can cost $5000 - $20,000, depending on the size and where you live, to tear out an old system and replace it.

Radon mitigation, if unacceptable levels of radon are found in a home, can run $500 - $1000 or more. Why should you care about high levels of radon? Because radon gas is radioactive, exposure to high levels of radon gas can lead to health problems such as lung cancer. Children are more sensitive to radon gases.

Money spent on inspections before you buy a home can save you a lot of money and grief later, when you own the home and are now responsible for all repairs.

Shame on those 2 agents for telling you to skip the septic system inspection and radon levels testing. I suspect that they are not looking out for your best interests.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 22, 2015
Burtonbeachgirl asked:
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Kecia Burkart answered:
You can all the Assessor's office or go to the courthouse and they will give you a copy. If you are working with a Realtor they should provide you with those. Also, if you know someone in the neighborhood ask for a contact name and number on the HOA. They should be able to assist you as well. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Tina Wilson answered:
If you are working with a licensed realtor, they can assist you by providing a home search meeting your criteria along with indicating if the property is eligible for a USDA loan. You can also enter the property address into the search bar on the USDA website and it will show you if the home is in a USDA eligible area. That is just the beginning as the home must also be in good condition in order to pass the apppraisal. There are requirements for buyers to be eligible for the loan also, including credit score and a minimum yearly income as well as a maximum yearly income for the family. Your best bet is to stay in close contact with your professional Realtor. I see that this question was posted in 2013 but thought others might appreciate a link to the USDA eligibility map.;jsessionid=DE703A8CD24B414CB8E0D06D531D7EB4
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 11, 2015
Debi Graham Ahlgrim answered:
You can purchase this home with a refinance if it has been recorded , if not FHA 6 months payments with proof of payments
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 16, 2014
Christine House answered:
calling Concord Condominiums directly may be the quickest way to get the answer to your question. Good Luck,
Christine House
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Kat Nimmons answered:
USDA requires a 640 or higher credit score. You can sign up with my lender who can place you in a credit restore program that would get that number up for you, within, say, 6 mos to a year. Go through the process, and you will reap the rewards. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 22, 2013
Louie Carter answered:
As of Sunday morning, Dec. 22, 114 Bradley Park is not showing as an active listing or previously sold property in the Upstate MLS records. However, it is possible that the Owner or an agent not affiliated with the Upstate MLS could be offering it for sale, but that is not something that would appear in our records.

Please call me for additional information, and I will be happy to assist you in locating a property suitable for your needs.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
David Phillips answered:
I have a home with 2.5 acres and work shops. There are many mobiles in that area with land and I would be glad to help you find one. Thanks David
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Catherine Hamby answered:
When you say modular are you talking actually modular or mobile? I would check out the best way to finance first . When it comes to selling your existing home timing is going to be an issue. The new home is going to have to be in place for you to move out of your current home. A lot of stuff has to happen simultaneously. first I would find out about how to buy what you want and how much time it takes to get everything in place, then I would list my current home and specify the closing date that suits your schedule. Then I would pray it all comes together. Call me if you need any help. Permits for building, septic permits etc will have to be obtained. Make sure your lot perks before you buy it otherwise you cannot build anything on it. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Linda Cox answered:
here is an address of a beautiful home near broadway lake check it out !!! 117 robertson rd anderson sc 29621
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Marla Walker answered:
Anderson has a few but it also depends on the price range and school district, if that is a concern.

Hunters Glen has a pool and prices are in the low $100's. Siverleaf starts in the $150's and has a pool and playground. The Governors starts closer to the $200's; Rivendell, The Meadows and Brookstone Meadows have pools and prices start $275+ range. Cobbs Glen is an older subdivision with a golf course and has patio homes starting in the $90's up to custom homes in the $250-$400,000 range. Another subdivision closer to Liberty called Moorhaven also has a pool and the prices run about $250,000. Rockwell Plantation starts in the $150's and Stone Creek Cove varies as it is an older neighborhood on Hartwell Lake with a golf course but also starts in the $150's.

It just depends on which home is for sale at the time. Until recently, Anderson subdivisions were developed with custom homes rather than national builders.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Marla Walker, Associate Broker 864-376-4115
Anderson Homes of SC, Inc.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Jerome Jones answered:
If they come up with 40% of the purchase price instead of the regular 20% and just about anyone with a job would qualify.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Catherine Hamby answered:
How much do you want to spend on the land? also you have to figure out the septic, the water and the power. Septic is going to run you around $4,000 to $5,000, water tap about $1500 plus the cost of connecting to your plumbing $?, power also needs to be brought in. Let me know if you have any other questions. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Carla Tripp answered:
Once you find a home, contact the Anderson Sheriff's office if it is Anderson County) and request a crime report; either for a particular house (address), for a street, or for a neighborhood. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Barbara Massone answered:
Is there a reason you are looking for lease/option? Have you already found some property. Let me know how I can help
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Anderson Zip Codes