Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Andalusia : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 32
Sat Mar 28, 2015
austinandapples asked:
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Gary Birtles answered:
I don't think that you absolutely need to have one, but it makes the process a lot easier. There is a lot of paperwork and jumping through hoops that comes with selling a home. It can sometimes be nice to have an extra person helping you sift through it all. I've tried to do it myself before and it was a lot more stressful to say the least. ... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2014
Brittany Jones answered:
Hi Susan,

There are many 3 bedroom homes available for rent that except section 8. If you go to or call Customer Contact Center at 718-707-7771 they will be able to help you locate those homes. Most realtors do not assist with this kind of housing because they seldom are paid for their time. I am not an agent in your area, otherwise I would be happy to help you myself. Give the phone # a call and see what they can do to send you in the right direction. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 25, 2014
Nicolette Wayand answered:
Wow. Gets a little tricky here. PA State Law has been interpreted to say that once you have made contact for a property even without a signed document, you may well be liable for any fees to that Agent.

The good part is, what you have to offer most likely will not float until a property has been on the Market for many, many months. If you need Financing, have it arranged outside of the offer Before the offer is made. If it is solely a Cash Offer, make it with a letter from Your Bank stating the Funds are Available.

What you are trying to do IS possible. You may want to discuss your concerns with the Realtor you have made contact with. She may have access to other Agents that have the expertise.

Good Luck!!!

Nicolette Wayand
... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 20, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
USDA loans are still no money down. You may be surprised at the areas that qualify as 'rural'. Contact a local mortgage banker and discuss this option with them. And, yes, any realtor worth their salt is going to want to see a pre approval letter before taking you out to look for a home. The reason is we don't want to waste anyone's time and we don't want to get your hopes up only to have them dashed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 23, 2013
Donna and Joe Cragin answered:
Your boyfriend is a union plumber and I get the impression he is handy and may want to do the repairs himself. Look into the 203K, as he may have to use specific contractors as per the loan. This is a turn off for many do it yourself buyers. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Vinay Gupta answered:
Hi Steven,

As I communicated earlier that it is hard to give you comparable unless you have a house to be compare with.

If you give the address of One house with which you want to compare, it will make sense. Otherwise it will not make. Feel free to contact me so you have your answer.

- Vinay Gupta
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-

I'd recommend checking out local listings here:

Ali, Community manager
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Mike Patel answered:
An agent in this Business needs to be available 7 days a week to his/her clients.Not only showing homes but keeping open lines of communication.

I live in Bensalem and a large portion of my business is in Bensalem ,and would be happy to assist you in finding your next home Feel free to reach out to me :

Monish "Mike " Patel
direct -267-716-5932
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Vinay Gupta answered:
Dave - you got answers by Agents.
When a Home Owner owes more to the bank than the current worth of the property in the market and is having hard time paying-off mortgage - banks allow the home to be sold at much lower price than its worth rather than letting it go for Foreclosure process. This is quite cumbersome and time taking process. It takes 6months+ to come to the settlement table depending upon who is the lender.
I am Certified Distressed Property Expert and have sold Short Sale home recently. Please contact me ( if you are looking to go for that.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Vinay Gupta answered:
Normally, income yielding property has different criteria, if you are looking to buy as residential it is fine or if looking as investment then it will be hard unless you have hard cash which I doubt and good credit of 730+. BoA is very tough on these issue. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Russ Ravary answered:
One way of getting open lines of credit is to be added to a family members credit card or to open your own secured line of credit
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Trevor Curran answered:
Good morning jillm,

I agree with Alan, although I would probably use stronger, fouler language (hey, I'm in New York!). If you're willing to pay, a Collection Agency is usually tripping over themselves to accomodate your payment. They want their money, after all!

Here's an excerpt from my blog about "How To Settle A Collection Account:"

"Once you and the representative (or the rep’s supervisor’s supervisor!) have worked out the final number and your method of payment you will ask for written confirmation BEFORE you send off any money.

I once had a client settle two collection accounts for his daughters’ cellphone bills. He made the call, followed my instructions and got his payment in the same day. But he neglected to get a written confirmation that his payment would permanently settle the account. We discovered about a month later that the creditor maintained a balance due for the difference between what he had paid and what they felt was due.

GET WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF THE SETTLEMENT AMOUNT BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. This written confirmation should also indicate that you will permanently settle this collection account, no balance will be due, the amount of the settlement, and that your account with this collection agency will be closed. And you want this written confirmation on the collection agency’s letterhead, signed by the representative (or appropriate party at the collection agency) and dated. Email confirmation is NOT acceptable. Further, do not accept a letter if it doesn’t indicate all of the above terms and if it isn’t signed and dated."

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Vincent Leonardo answered:
I recommend a Keller Williams rep, We are the best! I will be more than happy to refer you to a top agent in the area if your interested. Best of Luck!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Vincent Leonardo answered:
To make this simple...Stay Away! When it sounds to good to be true. It usually is. I agree with the rest. Best of Luck!
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Vincent Leonardo answered:
It depends on the market. It there are a ton of REOs in the market you can sometimes drive the price down even lower. Basic laws of supply and demand. Cash is a great way to lower the price as well. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Vincent Leonardo answered:
Great point Joshua! But I hear you can find some great deals in Florida these days! Best of Luck!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Fran Mongan answered:
Hello Kethia,

Please give me a call. I know of one available that is not on MLS.

Fran Mongan
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 19, 2012
tommy.wills answered:
their you wild life animals like dogs deers chipmucks more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Andalusia Zip Codes