Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Altoona : Real Estate Advice

  • All65
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 46
Sun Mar 12, 2017
Yinz1955 answered:
We have student housing and residential. Give us a call 814-932-4184 We have rented to YTI previously
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2016
Jenniferlong03 asked:
$20,000 We have Never claimed bankruptcy. So that's not a factor. We are doing a article of agreement with my parents to buy home. We have been paying mortgage for 4years. Never late,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2016
Mindy Hale asked:
Thu Apr 14, 2016
Cklm300 asked:
Mon Dec 21, 2015
Robert&brenda Umholtz asked:
Fri Oct 16, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
Unfortunately Trulia and Zillow are not great sites for rentals. At least half of the listings are scams. If the advertised price is below market price and you get contacted by email and are asked to send money becuase their out of town, blah blah blah, then rest assured you're 100% being scammed. No legitamte landlord would ask for money before you viewed the property and if they were out of state they'd either hire a professional property manager or have a family memeber or friend available to meet you adn let you see it. In the rental market there really is no such thing as "too good to be true" there are however countless scammers. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 13, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
You have a tall order and I don't think you're going to have much success. Rehab financing like an FHA 203K would be your best bet, and you don't need a 2 year employment history necessarily if you are a wage earner, but your income history is light and you don't appear to have a job yet.
A lender wants to know you can not only get a job, but keep a job. If you had just graduated and were working in the field you had been studying in, your odds might be greater.
Here's the bottom line. I can't approve or deny you and no one here can either. You need to sit down with a great local mortgage broker and discuss your situation. If they see a path forward, apply and see what happens. If they see road blocks, they can tell you what they are and how you can overcome them. Until your entire scenario is presented to a currently licensed professional, all we can do is guess.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 12, 2015
Johncoxs57 answered:
I was just recently in school but took a break and will be returning back to school by next year , i do not have a degree yet just taking a break and going back next year to finish my degree.. i have a large employment gap its been over 4 years since ive worked last. Im going to start going back to work i was going to school in the medical field and the job im going to take is medical job taking care of older people in nursing homes and i also can take another job but not related to the medical field .. the job is full time 40 hours a week and $9.75 an hour and will go to $10an hour after training .. i have excellent credit in high 700 range for all three scores. Good credit history for years no late payments either. I want to get my first home its $40,000 its on 6 acres of land but needs a spetic tank which i got an estimate price between $15000-25000 i need a conventional renovationl loan , i have $11,000 down payment aswell to put down for this house ... i was told an fha 203k mortgage loan was told to me is way too hard to get and a conventional renovational loan was easier to get.. being a first time home buyer i dont know how to start the mortgage process and ive been reading that you have to have two years work history and that i dont have! A co signer is not an option because i dont have one. Anyone know how i can get a mortgage loan asap from somewhere that would give me a chance that i dont have 2 years work history but excellent credit and payment histroy ? And will the income i get be enough to qualify for a loan? . Ive heard of a no/low documentation or no income verify loan anyone know if anyone does that? I cant find anyone... Would like to get a loan asap to get this house before it gets sold!! . Please any advice

Here is my full question. . I couldnt post all that in one post
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 1, 2015
Javier Montiel answered:
Only Realtors can advertise a home for sale on Trulia.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 14, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
Be mindful that much depends on usage, but perhaps consider contacting the utility companies for estimates, or ask the current seller the question...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Heidi Michel asked:
we need something close to Juniata elementary school since my son goes there
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 4, 2014
Kamikaqueen04020312 answered:
I got the app on my phone then I upgraded it an it needs upgraded almost every week mine did it to me to.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Nancy Frantz answered:
Any Realtor can give you information by having access to our MLS (Multi Listing Service). That is, if the house is for 'sale', is 'pending', was 'sold' or was listed at one time and is now 'off the market'. But...neither one of these two properties are in our MLS system. If you want basic information such as lot size, taxes, tax ID number - any Realtor can look up that information also. Real Estate offices have tax books for this information. Also, if a property is going through foreclosure - it may not be listed in our mls yet. HUD homes can be searched and negotiated through a Realtor also. It's in your best interest that you contact a Realtor and any of us would be glad to help you. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 7, 2013
James Walstrom answered:
I have a second floor apt about 1 mile from the campus. That unit would be in the $550 range with the gas included. I also have other units available. What are you looking to pay per month? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
I would suggest you try the regular rental sites: (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section)

Between all of those, you will get a very clear picture if you can find what you are looking for. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Nancy Frantz answered:
Hi Luv3qts!!!! ANY property that is for sale in Pennsylvania --- the seller MUST fill out a "Sellers Disclosure Statement' - it is PA law. This Disclosure will tell you if the basement has had any dampness, water problems or any defects (AND MUCH MORE...).
Remember, the 'listing agent' works for the Seller and works in the Sellers best interest.
If you are a Buyer - I would suggest getting a Realtor to represent you as your 'Buyers Agent' - working in YOUR best interest and providing you with all the necessary information for you to make a wise decision.
It is best for you to review the Pennsylvania Consumer Notice so you know the difference between Sellers Agent, Buyers Agent and Dual Agent.
Hope this helps with Ivyside basement or any other basement you're considering!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Nancy Frantz answered:
You may contact any Realtor in Blair County that is a member of Allegheny Highland Association which is the name of our local MLS that covers 'East End' in Altoona. Just give us a call - we like to help. You can request a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA). If you are selling your property, this will give you information to help you decide what price to list, what the average sales price is, how many days on market, how many buyers are asking for seller's assistance, how much the sellers are willing to give back to the buyers....ETC......
If you are a buyer and you are ready to put an offer on a property - a CMA is also very helpful. Just give us a call - we don't
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Altoona Zip Codes