Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Alsip : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Kimberly Hughes asked:
Wed Jun 1, 2016
Bob Brandt answered:
Townhomes where you own the land are called Fee Simple and those are approved. Townhomes under a condo ownership plan need to be looked up or just use the Realtor MLS that your agent has, as it sorts them out real quick. They just added a great new feature for it. Go over to your Realtors office and sit with them. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 29, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not simply choose an agent to work with who can provide such information and more...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 23, 2014
abetterworld3 answered:
Move in specials are very good. Other specials like refer a friend, pay your rent on time for the year you get one month free, make the place stand out from the crowd. Add some bells and whistles like dishwasher, ice maker, laundry etc. Get connected with a real estate community. They always have many new and innovative ideals for the future in real estate. Last, hire professionals like marketing company and management company. Free yourself up to advance your company even more. Educate your self. Renatus MTJ ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
adubinski answered:
Contact Susan Miller of Ravinia Realty in Orland Park, IL.
She is an REO realtor.

We use her. Excellent.
Already had 3 transactions within 12 months with her.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Jim Simms answered:
If they are both on the note and she quit claims the house to him without lender approval he could still be facing a foreclosure because of the due on sale clause in the mortgage. Sounds like he stopped making payments, so he is as much to blame for the problem as her. If he were my brother I would advise him to contact the lender’s workout department and see if there is any way to salvage his position. Depending on their history with the lender they may not be able to do anything, after a certain point lenders are not required to go the extra mile. I hope it works out for him,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Rita Manno answered:
it depends on the layout and what school district you are in, Alsip has 5 Grammer school districts and 2 High school district, and what area in Alsip you live in. Some areas have more Foreclosures and Short Sales than others and the age of the house as well as the size of rooms and surroundings also play a factor. Feel free to contact me and I can do a market analysis for you!! If your interested in selling don't wait to long, interest rates are going up and there are going to be changes in financing in Jan. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Suzanne Hamilton answered:
There are three condos for sale in Chapel Hill on Mint Julip. They are 94-125k. Two are on the third floor.

If you would like to see them, please feel free to give me a call.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Marketing Consultants, Inc.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Anthony Cavalea IV answered:
I'm not really sure because this has never come up for me. The broker probably should have filed an interpleader with the courts at the time this all happened to get it resolved (I think they are allowed to take out court costs when all is said and done). But as the consumer, I believe you need to file a suit in court. Yes, you should contact an attorney for this. I recommend a real estate attorney first because they will be more familiar with the relevant statutes. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 21, 2011
Mitch Larrivee answered:
Just like everyone else says, see an attorney. If you're concerned about the money -it may be well worth it to get back the money. You have been robbed! I truly wish I could help you more.. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 19, 2007
The Hagley Group answered:
A lot of open houses no longer make it to the newspapers. A local Realtor can pull this info for you from the MLS. Your local craigs list is another good source.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Alsip Zip Codes