Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Alief : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 12
Mon Apr 7, 2014
Debbie answered:
This is not a great area. I live here and when my lease is up, I'm out. We hadn't been here a week and our vehicle was broken into (driver window smashed) and our very expensive stereo stolen. They did it QUICK, so obviously they had a lot of practice.

A few months later, a neighbors BRAND NEW pickup truck was found on blocks and all four tires/rims stolen off it.

A couple months ago, a couple of guys were working on their car in the garage and two young guys walked up on them with a gun and robbed them.

I wouldn't recommend it. Look elsewhere.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 20, 2013
cherrimundy answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Persis Behramsha answered:
Hello Ms. Sanford,

The HOA fees are $150 Annualy. There is a one-time transfer fee when you purchase the home. This is a Short Sale, and from what the listing states, it is back on the market because the previous buyer's financing fell through.

If you are considering buying this or any other property, please do get a preapproval from a lender. If you need lender names, please email or call and I will be happy to furnish some names. Pre-approval will help you understand your budget and also what type of financing will work best for you.

REALM Real Estate Professionals
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Gabrielle Nguyen answered:
Yes, it is $150 a year and is a short sale that has not been approved by the seller, the bank. That is it will take a long time to close if your offer is accepted by the seller... If you are not urgently in need of moving, then it is OK to pursue it. I still not recommend short sale for many reasons... It is better to pursue a foreclosure in my opinion.

If you have not worked with a realtor and need help finding your dream home, I will be happy to help you. As a buyer, you will not have to pay me anything.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
We're able to approve FHA (3.5% down) loans with middle credit scores as low as 580.

Feel free to apply online at or give me a call.

K.C. Jones
RH Lending

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Debbie Russell answered:
Evictions show up on credit reports - and they are part of a truthful or an untruthful application- it is possible that the eviction would not show up on the credit report - then you would have to decide to lie or level when filling out your application for rental which most likely asks " have you ever been evicted"... ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Bobbie Wagner Persky answered:
Feel free to call my direct number -- 713-530-4098
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Trulia Houston answered:
Hi there Amy,

Trulia has a built in crime map which you can use to see how crime varies block to block, neighborhood to neighborhood.

Here is our Crime Map for the 77099 zip code you were asking about:

But you can also see this at a finer level, by going back to the property page, scrolling down to the Local Info section, and clicking the "Crime" tab above the map.

Good luck with your search!

Community Manager, Trulia Voices
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Becky Burdeaux answered:
I apologize but unable to find unit# 16 active. But there are several other units for sale. Please
contact me and I will send you information on them.
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2011
John Broussard answered:
Give me a call to discuss, we have several foreign national programs one being the 30% down program and the program for company overseas relocating there employes to the US.

John Broussard
Newbridge Investments
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
I was thinking " As far as possible from the ex" Maybe that is right?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 10, 2010
! answered:
try contacting him and his boss. If that doesn't work, send a certified letter with return receipt stating your complaint. Once that has been done, give the company reasonable time to respond. After no response, contact the Better Business Bureu (BBB) here in Houston to file a complaint. Also, make a complaint with the Texas State Attorney General Consumer Complaint Department. I believe the statute of limitations is 2 years. so if you haven't already done so, you have less then a month to do it. I assume that you have tried to get the company to make it right, if so you can by pass the "reasonable time" that I mentioned and go straight to the BBB and the Attorney General!

Good Luck and go get them!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice