I lived on a "parade" downtown street, here is what I think!
1. Easy walking since you are most likely close to shops and local markets.
2. You tend to know more about what is going on in the town since most of it happens on "parade streets".
3. You don't have to drive to the parade or events held on that street.
4. You can join in the parade from your home...LOL
5. Your kids will L-O-V-E it, if you have any
1. "Check 1-2-3 Check"...this is what you will hear VERY early in the morning prior to the parade for at least an hour and then trumpets and noise for the hour after.
2. Everyone you know in town will know where you live because of the parade.
3. You may get trash thrown in your yard.
4. It will be noisy for at least an hour during the parade and any other street functions held there
5. There will be traffic before and after the event that may be annoying to you.
There is my imput, if you have any more questions let me know!