Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Akron : Real Estate Advice

  • All210
  • Local Info18
  • Home Buying68
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 265
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
I would suggest you try the regular rental sites: (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section) (Rentals Section)

Between all of those, you will get a very clear picture if you can find what you are looking for. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 30, 2013
jacob dayan answered:
I would love to help you , can you give me some additional information,so that I can pinpoint and be on target. how many bedrooms/baths/ garage spaces and price point? and I will get back to you with some good options.
Jacob Dayn
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 13, 2013
ssmith3351 asked:
Mon Aug 12, 2013
M R 330.338.5130 answered:
I would definitely recommend seeking an experienced REALTOR. After meeting with them, you will then know the best option for you and your family regarding pricing and timing of when to sell.
Micah Riley, REALTOR
Cutler Real Estate
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 23, 2013
Franz Bauer answered:
Agree with James. If there is ANY evidence of Mold, you will typically need to get Mold Testing done. If evidence of Mold is present, then Mold Mitigation would be required. This needs to be done by a licensed/ certified professional and can get costly. However, those costs can also be included within the 203(k). ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 21, 2013
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Your buyers agent should help you in this. I had a buyer that we had to get a zoning change done because when the city made zoning changes they forgot to put in a grandfather clause. Delayed closing 90 days. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 17, 2013
Wolfe asked:
I understand that there is a very important vote today for the akron board of realtors members. Wouldn't you think the website should be up and running on such an important day?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Thomas McCombs answered:
I do a lot of foreclosure projects, so if you will contact me I can answer your questions.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
poloplayerman77 answered:
Highland square has a diverse population. There are college graduates, artsy people, straight and gay folks. There is plenty of nightlife nearby. If you are looking for a neighborhood with character, this place might be perfect. I would stay north of Market as some areas can be sketchy. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Ken Woods answered:
Latasha, Great question. Something to think about . Would you consider hiring a professional such as my self that has closed numerous short sales with US Bank?

Ken Woods Realtor .com
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 30, 2013
Thomas McCombs answered:
I understand your concern. You want to net the most money when the deal is done, and you are afraid that paying a Realtor's commission will hurt too much.

Studies have shown that Realtors generate higher selling prices and less hassles than selling "FSBO".

That being said, the FSBO sites you are referring to are cheaper but provide very few services, and it is probable that you will still pay the selling Realtor her full commission.

Studies have also shown that buyers understand that FSBO sellers have no one representing them, and are likely to offer much less than the listed price.

The forms you asked about, the Buyer Synopsis Report is available thru the MLS -- which means the home has to be listed by a Realtor -- while Property Disclosure report is free and available online or from a title company.

You definitely should use a title company for the closing. There are just too many areas in which a mistake would be very costly.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Kate Monk answered:
No, it doesn't but it's a lovely home with a lot of recent upgrades. I'd be happy to show it to you in person. If a first floor laundry is important to you, I'd be happy to show you a couple of other homes that do instead. My direct cell number is 440-623-7653

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Paula Willey answered:
Hello! Here is what I found . . . "A housing subsidy is paid to the landlord directly by the PHA on behalf of the participating family. The family then pays the difference between the actual rent charged by the landlord and the amount subsidized by the program. Under certain circumstances, if authorized by the PHA, a family may use its voucher to purchase a modest home." Here is the link to the article . . .

If I were you, I would first check to see what this means " . . . a family may use its voucher to purchase a modest home." You must keep a few things in mind when considering a Rent To Own . . . 1) Typically, there is a down payment amount. This payment varies greatly, however, it usually ranges from $3,000 to $5,000; 2) HUD has restrictions and requirements on housing, so this could cause an inconvenience to the Seller; 3) Rent To Own properties are not as readily available as one may think, so it could take some time to find a home, even if HUD approves it.

Have a great weekend :)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Synthia Davis answered:
Hi, Could you please send me your e-mail and I will forward pictures and info to you. Thank yoy Synthia Davis 330-289-2121
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Ken Woods answered:
I have listed and sold many reo properties over the years. The system is showing one available on Parkgate and one that is already pending. Please give me a call so we may move forward.
Ken Woods Realtor 330-467-7000
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Steve Spinelli answered:
You can contact any "Full Time" Realtor in the Akron area to find you properties but there is a small percentage of them that will entertain a Land Contract offer. If you are lucky to find an owner that would work with you, a real estate attorney should prepare the agreement. Steve ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Lesa Lillibridge answered:
I can send you an entire report regarding the property and I can contact the Owner on your behalf, What is your email address and I will send you the info? Also there are GIS websites and auditor sites that offer a lot of info for you, I will send you links to your email.
Thank you.... Sincerely.... Lesa Lillibridge 330-620-5372

Contact Your Professional Licensed REALTOR®
Multi-Million Dollar Producer..... Ready to Serve YOU!
Lesa Lillibridge @ 330-620-5372 Cell or Text Email Websites
Keller Williams Chervenic Realty Stow Office: (330) 686-1644
3589 Darrow Road, Stow OH 44224 Fax Number: (234) 678-4838
Proud to be a Licensed REALTOR® Toll Free Office: (800) 815-1644
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Thomas McCombs answered:
A lot of this information is available online if you know where to look for it. When it comes on the market it will be listed with a Realtor and the info you want will be on this listing. There is almost no chance that you would be able to put an offer in to the bank before it gets listed. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Steve Spinelli answered:
Tara.... you do not have to contact each agent.... search through the qualified Realtors on this site and choose one to work with. We all have access to the same information but some agents are part time and some full. Choose one that will help you with your home search and when you come to town, that agent can show you everything available in the areas and price range that you are searching in. It makes your search easier and quicker! Steve ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice