If it is listings you want there are a number of ways to get results. You have to stand out from the rest.
If you are a newbie... or not
~ Concentrate on one or two local area(s) until you get established ~
1. Create a multi-use door hanger/ direct mail card. Possibly a card that can be used as a bookmark
2. Spend a little on notepads w/ your name & phone #, go door to door and leave a card and a notepad
3. Use the same card for direct mail
4. Ask another agent to do an open house for them. Use your signs. This is a great way to get buyer leads. Make sure you attach bright colored balloons to your signs. The more signs with YOUR name and phone number the better! Neighbors see your sign - get your card and notepad. They start to think of you as part of the neighborhood.
5. Go to the local events, sponsor them, find out who runs the HOAs ask to do a talk and advertise it
6. Volunteer at a local community event or charity
7. Do your grocery shopping in that area - WEAR your name tag!
If you are established or have a marketing budget
8. Create an unusual website that stands out (see mine) http://www.esedona.biz.
The shorter the url the better.
9. Tie your business cards into your website and your advertising
10. Create a logo that is different - It goes on everything
11. Make sure you have a GOOD IDX platform.
12. Keep a portfolio of all your marketing accomplishments and strategies
13. Have a Professional listing presentation that is UNIQUE to the property you are listing
- Do not hand it over to the seller until you have a signed contract