do i need to be a broker to wholesale real estate in calif.?

Asked by Rich, 93012 Fri Jan 6, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Albert Goldb…, , California
Mon Feb 20, 2012

There are certain federal & state tax laws you must be careful of. I would like you
to call me so I can alert you to these, which you should take up with your attorney & tax man, as that I cannot give legal or tax advice.

Al Goldberg Broker
30+ years experience
0 votes
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Sun Feb 19, 2012
I agree with Daniel, as long as you own the property yourself, you don't need to be licensed. But if you plan to sell properties that are owned by someone else, you must either be a regular (W-2), full time employee of the owner or you must be licensed.
0 votes
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Fri Jan 6, 2012
You'll want to consider joining & networking through the Real Estate Investors Referral Network on LinkedIn:… ... Good luck!
0 votes
SCOTT URQUHA…, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Fri Jan 6, 2012
Nope! not if you have blood in the game, in other words as long as you are a principal in the transactions.

0 votes
Daniel Klein, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Jan 6, 2012
No. As long as you create a real interest in the property, then a license is not necessary. But you should seek an investor friendly broker, who can help you with some of the transactional details, like who do you use to do a double closing if necessary, which escrow companies allow assignments, etc.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more