What do I need to transfer a MA realtor license to AZ? Thanks. What's a good telephone number to call to answer this question?

Asked by Dave, 85008 Mon Aug 22, 2011

What do I need to transfer a MA realtor license to AZ? Thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jennifer Coh…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Hi Dave,

I am a licensed Realtor in both Ca and AZ. You cannot simply transfer your license. You have to take the required courses again and take the state and national tests. The only course that AZ will recognize, is the Code of Ethics.
1 vote
does 303 lakeridge rd 76108 lakeside tx home have a view through the sliding glassdoor into the sunroom
Flag Fri Jun 24, 2016
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Below is contact information for the Arizona Department of Real Estate:

The Arizona Department of Real Estate, ADRE Phoenix Office
2910 N. 44th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Ph Number: 602-771-7799
1 vote
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Google the AZ Dept of Real Estate.
1 vote
Francisco Ga…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Oct 6, 2014
For any other agents from different states, Arizona doesn't do reciprocity. You have to do your 90hrs here all over again.
0 votes
Ann Griffin, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Tue Aug 23, 2011
I was licensed in WA and had to take all the AZ classes from scratch too. However I could have taken the broker classes and exam if I had wanted to. That depends on how many years of full-time experience you have, though. Everyone else has said it: call the AZDRE. Good luck!
0 votes
Bob Dickinson, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Actually Jennifer is correct and so is Michonne. It just depends what state you are coming from, it does vary. So yes, call ADRE.
I am also licensed in California and I had to take almost every required class.
0 votes
Michonne Hul…, Agent, Carefree, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Hi Dave - I came here from Utah and I was able to use all of my Utah education for my AZ license. All I was required to do was state specific courses which I believe were about 27 hrs. So what Jennifer said is not completely accurate. Call ADRE.
0 votes
Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Mon Aug 22, 2011
There's no such thing as a "realtor license." But you can become a Realtor once you have your real estate license. Gene and Carlos have already provided you with some good information, all of which you can find online.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more