Moving real estate to california

Asked by Unspecified, Hoboken, NJ Mon Dec 30, 2013

Hello, I am looking to get my real estate license in New York starting next month but will be moving to california in June. Is it possible to transfer? Or should I even bother getting licensed here in ny? Will it save me extra schooling hours in California if I do them here? Any info would be appreciated!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Tue Dec 31, 2013
California does not recognize licenses from other states or allow transfers. Suggest you look at the California education requirements to see how much federal material that you might cover in New York would also be helpful in California (see link below). California is picky about which courses they recognize, so if you're completing the mandatory pre-exam courses with a national training company (e.g. Kaplan), they might be able to advise you which classes they offer that are recognized by both states.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Agent2Agent in California Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more