I would like to transfer my real estate license from California to Arizona. Can I just take the test , or do I need to start over with school in AZ?

Asked by Nicole Gregg, Arizona Wed Jun 22, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Marcie Teague’s answer
Marcie Teague, , Phoenix, AZ
Wed Jun 22, 2011
You do need to take classes but I believe the amount of credits you need will be less than the regular 90 hr credit requirement. I would contact the AZ Dept of RE at 602-771-7700 to confirm exactly what you need.
0 votes
James Wehner, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Dec 18, 2014
You will need to take the in classroom classes for your new license in AZ. You may want to consider taking the broker's licensing classes if you meet the minimum requirements.
0 votes
Frances Chev…, Agent, Hesperia, CA
Thu Dec 11, 2014
Can I transfer my real estate license from California to Florida?
What about the Drivers License as well. Thank you.
0 votes
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Jul 23, 2014
You be hitting the books and attending classes to get your real estate license here in Arizona!
0 votes
Kathy Howe, Agent, Sedona, AZ
Sun Jul 20, 2014
You have probably already found out the answer to your question in that it was in 2011
No, you cannot "transfer" your RE license from CA to AZ. Yes you will have to take a 90 hour approved RE course. My school is one of those schools. Currently we have 14 people in class.
Kathy Howe
0 votes
Nicole Gregg, , Arizona
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Thank you all! This information was very helpful. I have done some research online trying to locate an Online Real Estate School. Does Arizona participate in Online Schools? Does anyone know of one. California does. I will also take a look on Arizona Dept. of Real Estate. I guess I was hoping to find a location to practice sooner then later.
Thank you Denise, I will be contacting you on your web page if I need more assistance.
0 votes
Denise Johns…, , Gilbert, AZ
Thu Jun 23, 2011

You should call the Arizona Dept. of Real Estate. Since you already have a license, you can petition to have them twaive the amount of class hours that need to be attended. Depending on your current length of experience, they may decrease the amount of class hours required. Then you have to take and pass the exam from the school that you attend and take the state exam. If you would like more information, feel free to e-mail me from my website at: maricopacountyhomesforsale.com.
0 votes
Not true. ADRE does not waive any of the education. No. 2008.01
Short Title: Pre-License Education Waiver
REPEALED effective 03/03/2011
Flag Sun Jul 20, 2014
Susan Slatte…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jun 23, 2011
A few years back, you only needed to take the AZ state portion, but that has changed. The Arizona School of Real Estate & Business is the best, by far.
Susan Slattery
Professional ACTION Realty
0 votes
Jennifer Coh…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Hi Nicole,
I am a licensed Realtor in both California and Arizona. You will have to take all of the classes in Arizona as well as the state and national tests. The only things that transfers is the Code of Ethics course.
0 votes
does 303 lakeridge rd 76108 lakeside tx home have a view through the sliding glassdoor into the sunroom
Flag Thu Jun 23, 2016
Patrick Jorg…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Unfortunately your license does not transfer. You will have to take the 90 hours of school. If you want to get it over with quickly Arizona School of Real Estate and Business has a 9 day crash course.
0 votes
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Check with the ADRE, but most probably not. We have a different contract, different laws and many other differences from CA. Even if you could I wouldn't reccoment it.

Carlos J. Ramírez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart –
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more