I have an Inactive sales agent license in NJ that I have never hung anywhere, it will expire this month and I want to hang it as a referral agent.

Asked by Steve, 07726 Thu Jun 13, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Hi Steve

contact me or David Leong on Monday at 973-253-2800. I have referred a few agents to David. He'll take care of you.
0 votes
Tina Hoffman…, Agent, Manalapan, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
You can hang your license at the remax referral agency and then refer your business to anyone in the country that you like. I think when a transaction is completed and you get a referral fee , this agency takes a 20% cut and you keep everything else for yourself. Off the top of my head, I don't have the phone number, but if you email me, I would be happy to look it up for you.
0 votes
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Steve, there is absolutely no need to "hang it close to an area you are an active networker" (sorry Keith) there is no reason to do that at all.. you know who you will be referring your clients too? You can refer to anyone you wish, any company.. all that Realotr has to do is fill out your referral form.

The referral company can be in California for that matter..all they do is collect a check for you, so go with the company where you will get the best split. Most of them charge from 35-50% of your referral.. the one I noted below charges $150 per transaction. Do your due diligence on the subject.
0 votes
Keith Radhub…, Agent, Holmdel, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
So, Steve, I'd hang it close to an area in which you are an active networker.

Do you have a family and are you active through the kids in the community? Or, are you networking with mostly your business buds and might consider a commercial agency in which to hang your license? The latter also might be advantageous if your occupation is in a financial industry or you are simply interacting with a plethora of customers.

Keith Radhuber, Broker Associate
(848) 667-6622
0 votes
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Part of the problem with the industry.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference:  http://jamessimms.com/
0 votes
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
If you are a referral agent with a referral only company, your fees will be less and you will not need to complete CE. If you want to be a referral only agent with an active brokerage that is a member of MLS and the national, state, and local REALTOR associations, you will need to join the REALTOR association and complete CE. You have an opportunity to make money with the latter, if you are with a broker who embraces and works with referral agents to generate an income. If you hang your license with the first, you could earn a referral check. However, most do not and, as it pertains to your work efforts, you would be flying solo.
0 votes
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Check these people out.. I heard they are real good.,

See attached link - http://itsmeself.com/joining_ans

Affiliated Network Services
New Jersey's Referral Network and Real Estate License Holding Company since 1988
If you are transferring to ANS: Complete the ANS Application and Mail to ANS with a check for $175
(ANS fee $150 +Transfer fee $25)

Welcome to the License Holding and referral Company that allows you to keep the bulk of the referral commissions you earn. (ANS keeps only $150 no matter how much the commission)

Affiliated Network Services is a licensed NJ Real Estate Broker, servicing NJ Brokers since 1988 as a license holding Company.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more