I simply wanted to let Sharon know that face to face is the best way. I didn't say all seniors are not online, but I did say most because that how I see it and it was my perception. But there are many ways to market to seniors, even online.
Being a guy, I am mostly straight to the advice. But if you feel that the places I mentioned are not good sources of conversation starters for your demographic, then I regress.
Call it inexperience of the young, right? Or does my driving bother you too? I, too am, generalized...
Here are some ideas for you:
1. I believe Facebook has a tool where you can choose your demographic, location, etc.
2. YOu should taylor your website to advice this target demographic what you do.
3. Start a seminar, get estate planners, medical doctors, estate attorneys, etc...and focus on what they need to do, Each person can bring 5 people, and have a breakfast.
4. Blog about what you do...Trulia is a great place to blog, and sell to what you do. What differentiates you? What type of assistance to you provide to this demographic? Are you focusing on 55+ communities. Just be careful with your wording, as you don't want to age discriminate...
5. Pick up the phone. Call your sphere. Ask for Referrals.
6. Market yourself in the local papers, and find out their demographics..
I hope this got your creative juices flowing. Good luck, and if you want to discus further on how to execute, I'm happy to help out.
Perhaps my declining/senior years got the better of me......
PS: I hate Bingo......... (But Love shopping on senior days)
I and most of my friends are baby boomers and seniors, we are all on line and are tech savy, NEVER assume we are not. BIG mistake. Treat us the same way you would treat any other seller/buyer. To say we are not on line is wrong. Face to face is good, however don't believe baby boomers are not smart enough to use a computer.
If you want to believe that "bingo halls" and senior centers, and drug stores, is your best guide, well then you will be be wrong.
Early morning breakfast shops........Really???? This is an insult. You might as well check the prune juice isle in the grocery store. NEVER steryotype, it's the kiss of death in life, and in Real Eatate.
Treat people the same, if indeed they are not tech savy, just be a nice person.