A. Complete a Salesperson Examination Application or a Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application.
1. You can download those applications at below URL:
Salesperson Examination Applicaton - http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/forms/re400a.pdf
Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application - http://www.dre.ca.gov/pdf_docs/forms/re435.pdf
2. Be sure to read all instructions and information before completing the application.
3. You'll need to include the applicable fees for the application. There is an Examination Fee of $60 and a License Fee of $245 in total of $305. You'll also need to a $51 fingerprint processing fee directly to the live scan fingerprint service.
B. Obtain transcripts showing successful completion of the statutory college-level real estate courses and degrees.
1. The courses you must complete are Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and a course of your choice.
2. You can complete these courses online. Just simply google it to find the company who provides certificates for these courses.
3. It'll cost you approximately $200 - $300 to get all the certificates.
C. Mail the completed application, appropriate fee and course transcript(s) to below address:
Department of Real Estate
P.O. Box 187001
Sacramento, CA 95818-7001
D. Wait at least six weeks or check the current processing timeframes for how long DRE is taking to process salesperson exam applications.
1. Once qualified, an Examination Schedule Notice or an authorization to self schedule will be sent to you.
2. Use the eLicensing online (https://secure.dre.ca.gov/elicensing/
) system to check your exam date or to self schedule.
3. All qualification requirements must be met before you can be scheduled for the salesperson examination.
4. If you pass, you'll have a State License within couple weeks. If you fail, you'll need to reschedule and pay the re-examination fee of $60.
E. Prepare for the California Department of Real Estate Exam.
1. California DRE Exam contains 150 questions and 3 hours and 15 minutes will be given.
2. Study with Real Estate Exam preparation materials such as California Real Estate Core Exam Prep at http://www.CArealestateexams.com
to pass the State exam comfortably.
As of 9/2009