Hi, I am thinking of doing the NY real estate license course at a discount and take the exam. Will I need to take all NJ courses for the NJ license?

Asked by dtny1hk, Holmdel, NJ Wed Feb 20, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Wed Feb 20, 2013
I have both NY & NJ Licenses- NY schooling is less hours than NJ.. As I can tell, not exactly sure you will probably need to take more course hours to get your NJ license and you will have to take the NJ test and pass it.

So, the classes are going to cost you and the licensing in NJ. I found that my schooling in NJ was double that of NY and all I needed to do was get verification from NJ RE commission, then submit that to NY State and then I had to take and pass the N License test.

Most of this information regarding reciprocal licenses within states is available online.
1 vote
Thanks John.
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Agent2Agent in Holmdel Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more