Does anyone know who HUD is currently using as escrow on HUD sales? I'd heard a rumor that they had changed companies.

Asked by Kary Krismer, Renton, WA Fri Nov 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Stacey Lange, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Fri Nov 8, 2013
You can you choose your escrow company "Closing Agent Select Program" - I would have a conversation with your preferred escrow closer first to ensure they are closing HUD properties and find out WHO within their company is doing the closings. There is a different process for submitting earnest money and I encourage you to call the HUD LLB (Listing Broker) for additional information since part of their job as a listing agent is to be a resource for you in the selling process. Good Luck!!
0 votes
Duane Murphy, Agent, Appleton, WI
Fri Nov 8, 2013

In Wisconsin we deal with Best Assets. For a few months now or longer we have been able to choose our own title companies as long as they have been put on the list. (Most in our area are on the list) It sure beats the non-communication that we used to get. Now you at least know if you are getting the truth.
0 votes
Stacey Lange, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Fri Nov 8, 2013
yes Kris, it has been in place for several months now..... it is MUCH MUCH better ;-)
0 votes
It would have been impossible to be worse. HUD should have publicized that a bit more.
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
Kary Krismer, Agent, Renton, WA
Fri Nov 8, 2013
Stacey, I assume you meant to start that post: "You can now chose . . ."

Thank you for mentioning the name of the program! I was able to find this:

It indicates Washington is in that program.

That is a huge change and a vast improvement. My last escrow experience with HUD was the worst escrow experience of my career.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more