Agent2Agent in Los Angeles>Question Details

Jerry Mc Ghee,  in Los Angeles, CA

Do you have a website or program that you can recommend to help me create a HUD-1 for a short sale?

Asked by Jerry Mc Ghee, Los Angeles, CA Wed May 23, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Only an escrow company can do this. There are many quality ones out there. Be sure to make a good choice on the esrow company you decide to use.

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 652-1768
| Fax: (800) 652-7604
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
You should have escrow do it because they have the tax prorations, fees,.... but I had to adjust one when a case manager called on Sunday morning at 930am and gave me 2 hours to make an adjustment - moving an item from one line to another.


If you don't have an item on the original hud 1 and don't get specific approval it is considered lender fraud so be careful what you take responsibility for. Just having an item on the closing statement is not enough.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
A HUD1 cannot be created by the agent or one of the parties to the transaction. It must be created and certified by the escrow company handling the transaction. Email them the contract and they will do it.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
Hi Jerry, ask your escrow company. That is there job!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Hello Jerry,
Your escrow company will do it for you. You just need to let them know the details to make it as accurate as possible. Most escrow companies are familiar with short sales nowadays, so it will be easy for them. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Jerry:

Call the escrow company that will be handling the escrow and ask them to do one for you. Most escrow companies will do them for you.

Good luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer