Welcome to the world of real estate. Believe it or not, you are starting at a terrific time. There are very few new agents coming into the profession and therefore the competition is not as great.
1. Wear your name badge everywhere. If not appropriate, wear some apparel with the name of the company.
2. Join a company that cares about you and your business. Training, coaching, mentoring, etc.
3. Read books. One of my favorites and not really real estate related but small business related. "Guerilla Marketing" by Levinson.
4. Prepare a wriiten business plan. It should include daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly activities and stick with it. Your goals do not really include how much you make as much as how many people you will touch. In other words - LEAD GENERATION
5. If you do not develop a passion for the business in 6 months then get out of the business.
6. Generate leads all the time.