Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in Ada : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 11
Fri May 13, 2016
Bob Bergg asked:
Tue Nov 5, 2013
tom tabor answered:
I can show it to you today... 616-550-2310 Tom Tabor
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Joe Jovanovic answered:
Through my website at, you can access our MLS directly and find regular listings, short sale and foreclosed homes which are available NOW...

I can monitor your search and alert you of any important new listings or price changes...

Call or e-mail me if you want me to help you!

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
This home was built in 1997 and has 5 bedrooms and 4 full bathrooms. It is 2,610 square feet including the basement, and 2,364 square feet excluding the basement. If you are really looking for some ammunition to fight your tax assessment, give me a call and I can do a free Comparative Market Analysis for you. It will show all of the comparable sales in the area and give you an idea of what the true market value of your home is. There is never a guarantee that they will change your assessment, but it helps to be prepared. I can be reached at (616) 780-4725. I hope this helps! Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
This home has 3 bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms. It was built in 1998, and has a total of 2,668 square feet of which 1,666 square feet are above ground. It you would like to either search for other homes like this one that might fit what you are looking for, or if you would like a free Comparative Market Analysis of what your home might be worth, let me know and I'd be glad to help you out. I can be reached at (616) 780-4725. I hope this helps. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Haig Istamboulian answered:

If the plans are truly within the boundaries of what is acceptable and the HOA is being difficult. The first thing I would ask them is; what changes are necessary to get these plans approved? I would ask them to put the changes that they deem necessary in writing.

Once you have it in writing, and your plans are changed to accomodate the HOA (and you still like the plans), I would resubmit those plans back to the HOA to get an approval. If again they reject the plans, and they have rejected it in writing, I personally would hire a lawyer and have him write a letter to the HOA to let them know that he/she will be representing you on this issue from there on out.

I would have the lawyer reveiew the HOA guidelines, see if your plans fit within those guidelines, and then have him resubmit those plans, and see what their response is.

If again they refuse, I would take them to court and have an arbitrator or a judge determine if you are within their rules. There are lawyers out there that handle Real Estate issues and especially HOA's. It sounds like you may have a board member or two that has issues, it is very possible.

I hope this helps, sometimes people need a little "nudge" that a letter from a lawyer can provide.


Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 27, 2011
Steve Dykstra answered:

You can go to the township or city office of any home in that area and find out who lives in a home. The other way is stop by there home and meet with them.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 30, 2011
Brek Schutten answered:
That information is not readily available for the public. If you are interested in possibly purchasing that particular lot, I could help you do some research on what the association fee would be for that particular neighborhood. Sorry I could not be of more assistance yet, but contact me if you would like some help. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Michelle Gordon answered:
Good morning Ms,

When i look up the listing on, there is no other history of this being listed or sold before. There is another parcel next door for the same price. Past listings of home's in this area, do not show an association fee, but unsure, need to have your Realtor look into it to be sure. There is a very nice home listed at 913 Boynton Hills Ave SE for 239,750. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2011
Michelle Gordon answered:
The builder's website is here - Visit:www.Unlimiteddrywall.Net - the assoc. fee's are not listed on the listing card. However the builder will know.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Dennis P. answered:
Pump and Haul involves landowners that are not on a county/city septic disposal system, mostly rural areas. The homeowner started out with a septic tank with lines running from the tank underground to dispose of the overflow from the tank.

Normally, the ground soil absorbs the overflow. Sometimes, over a period of years, the ground soil, especially "clay" type soils, can no longer absorb the sewage. It then rises to the surface.

Once the homeowner (or his neighbors) notifies the county/city authorities, that his "drainfield" has failed, the Health Department mandates that a tank, about a 2,000 gallon size, has to be put in the ground to replace the old tank. This new tank does not have overflow pipes running out into the "drainfield", since ithe drainfield has failed. It has a pipe extending above ground so that a septic tank cleaner truck can come and suction the disposal out.

These type systems have an alarm bell that will go off in the homeowner's house when the tank gets close to being full. The homeowner then calls a septic tank cleaning company to come and siphon out the tank.

Dennis P.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Property Q&A in Ada Zip Codes