Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30102 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Mon May 2, 2016
Kirsten Wellborn answered:
Typically, builders really want you to use their preferred lender. But, you have the opportunity to use who you like. They may offer more closing costs or other perks for using their preferred lender. They may require that you pre-qualify with the preferred lender to feel confident that you are a qualified buyer.

I suggest speaking with your buyers agent (yes it is important to have a buyers agent representing you even when buying new construction), as they may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Good luck in getting the home you want!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 3, 2016
Maxinewhitus1342 asked:
We have excellent rental history...the type of tennants that take good care of properties and enjoy maintaining the yard.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 12, 2016
Jimmy Payne answered:
Trulia pulls data from the tax data in Cobb County. If you update the tax digest showing your home has 6 bedrooms and 3 full baths that should correct the data. Trulia and Zillow provides estimates and not actual values, the only one in Georgia that can provide the value of real property is an appraiser. If you wish to update your tax data, be warned that Cobb County will most likely increase your tax bill though. Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2015
Jeri Patrick answered:
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Jimmy Payne answered:
You are getting into more of a legal question than a real estate question. The people to ask would be the planning and zoning department or code enforcement for Cherokee County. They are located in Canton on the Bluffs Parkway. They would be able to determine the proper zoning and ordinances in force and could send out the code enforcement team to determine the proper and legal use of the property. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 23, 2012
William Polack answered:
Check with a local credit union or local bank. They are usually more relaxed on guidelines. Then find out if you can file your tax returns after Sept 15 for 2012. The lender may go ahead and average the 2 years. Remember that banks count depreciation (schedule C) back in as income. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Darrell Hess answered:
Get pre-qualified from a reputable mortgage loan officer. They are the only ones that can tell you what you are qualified to purchase, terms, payment, etc.

Most lenders need 2 years of self employment history along with tax returns showing income and what not. There are some programs that can use 1.5 years of history, but most want 2 years. You have to show income as well you can't just write everything off on a schedule C. Best of luck, owning your own home is a great feeling when done right. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 23, 2010
Heather Paul answered:
In a word yes, however there is a thing called procuring cause, this means if a Realtor shows you a property and then you actually place an offer with another Realtor, the first Realtor may have procuring cause and be entitled to a commission. If you are just wanting to use two different Realtors for two different purchases, I would say this is fine, however I would wonder why you would want two different Realtors, usually you will be able to develop better relationships when you stick to one, plus they will know exactly what you are looking for and potentially serve you better.
Good luck!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 27, 2010
davidwbrower answered:
Hi Brenda,

It is appearing as active in the MLS system. However, it would take a phone call to verify if it's been rented or not. Not always do rentals get updated quickly. If you would like for me to find out for you, please give me a call or send me an email and I can check on that for you.

David Brower, Managing Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2010
davidwbrower answered:
Why would you vacate when you aren't paying the mortgage anyway? If you can't afford mortgage, you probably can't afford rent. As someone else said, your lender, though you aren't paying, might require you to occupy to qualify for a short sale. The biggest and first step is to sit down with a Realtor knowledgeable and experienced in short sales and discuss all your options and determine even if you are a good candidate for a short sale. There are too many short sale listings that don't even qualify and it would be a waste of everyone's time if you don't have a chance of getting a short sale accepted. I'm sorry you have found yourself in this situation. good luck ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 4, 2008
NonRealtor answered:
Just hang out there for as long as you can. The bank may give you money to move, if you promise not to tear out all the copper and appliances. Then again, how many appliances are in the house? How much do you think you can get for them? Dead beat landlords, seems to be common. On the bright side the landlord will have bad credit, and will probably never be a landlord again. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice