Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Aberdeen : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 9
Fri Sep 30, 2016
Mcmaster asked:
I'm a Realtor and advertise with Zillow. I would like to post an open house on Trulia. Am I allowed to do that?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Hi K.a.homola2013,

I have some great news for you. Aberdeen SD is an area thta's eligible fro the No MOney Down USDA mortgage!

One of the best things about the USDA program is the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially cheaper than FHA or conventional options.

For example: On an FHA loan of $150,000, the MMI (monthly mortgage insurance) would add $168.75 to your monthly payment but on a USDA mortgage it would only add $62.50!

The other nice thing is USDA will actually allow you to roll in your closing costs as long as the appraised value supports it.

Take a look at the recommendations from some of my past clients on my Trulia profile by clicking the link below my phone number.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Lending in ALL 50 states
Great Plains National Bank
NMLS# 787231
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
It will depend on more factors than we can go over here. Your income, assets, ratios, credit, your parents credit income assets etc. Projected rent can't be used as income, so you'll need to have enough to qualify for it vacant.
The only way to truly know the answer to your questions is to meet with a great local lender and discuss your plans. They can review your situation and see if there is a way to make this work, with or without your parents. If the answer is "no" you'll learn what you'll need to qualify for your next attempt. Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Melanie Bobby answered:
Tony Being a SD native I would gladly discuss this with you. Give me a Call here in Aberdeen 605-216-3130
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
Without a fully executed contract signed by both buyer and seller there is no agreement as a verbal agreement is not legal.

Contact the selling agent and tell them you are withdrawing your offer.

In the future you should include some sort of inspection addendum as part of your purchase agreement which would give you an 'out' should you determine that the home is not in habitable condition.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 5, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Lorna if you like Scott's answer so much please give him credit for it.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 1, 2010
Scott Johnston answered:
Usually co applicant is part of the application, and will be required to have a job in the area you're moving to. Unless he or she is in the same field as before then the verification requirement can be less of a factor. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Aberdeen Zip Codes