Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

98270 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Wed Feb 18, 2015
Kary Krismer answered:
You have a bigger issue to consider. I don't remember if VA uses its own forms, or an addendum attached to the standard NWMLS forms, but if latter and probably even the former, you may be committing fraud. The standard NWMLS has a clause saying you're not relying on contingent funds, and if you need funds from the sale of the house as part of your purchase money funds, those would be contingent funds. So you would be knowingly making a false representation in order to get the VA to act.

I'd suggest rather than consulting a website you consult an attorney.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
You have to find new or temporary housing, unless the buyer will allow you to hold over (possible but somewhat unlikely).
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
Sat Feb 15, 2014
Roxanne Sappingfield answered:
We have a great in house mortgage broker who can answer all your questions and get you prequalified as well. I would love to show you some properties and get you started on the way to owning a home! I also have the contact information of a guy who can help you with tips on raising your credit score. Roxanne Sappingfield with New Horizon Realty. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Kary Krismer answered:
Ah, by responding to an old thread, Ron gave us a trip down memory lane.

Sad to see how many agents did the wrong thing (give tax advise--most of which was clearly incorrect or possibly incorrect).

Good to see how many agents gave the correct advice--consult a tax professional. This is a situation where a little information (e.g. knowing of the Mortgage Debt Relief Act) can result in giving the wrong information.

Sad to see that the person asking the question responded negatively to what was the elephant in the room--Keith's answer asking why she didn't know the tax consequences before going into the sale. That said, Keith's answer could have been better worded, and should have avoided giving incorrect information.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon May 16, 2011
Mickie Barnett answered:
It would take a sizable down payment on a $200,000 home but it is possible. You can get new construction in north Marysville for around $165,000 if staying under $200,000 is an option.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 2, 2010
Jim O'Day answered:
How did things turn out Chris?
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 2, 2010
Jim O'Day answered:
I just checked and it is not for sale on the MLS. If you send me your email I can watch the property and keep you posted.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 2, 2010
Jim O'Day answered:
Honestly your home at that price in Marysville is at least $30,000 over market value and will not sell. Ask your agent for current solds and pendings in your area or rent it out. If your home is not selling it is price or condition.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 20, 2009
Voices Member answered:
Joe, Here is the site for Gov. properties for sale give it a look...

It is part of the site the Gov. site for all it's sales..

The IRS auction site is interesting..

For Bank REO/Foreclosures if you are interested you can browse the databases they created to give the public free access to the information..includes the bid/purchase info.. Sites like these.. ...

You can find the links to the bank sites here and more... ...

Good hunting, Dunes
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2009
Arnold D. Camps answered:
Hi Chris,

Is it a short sale? Do you owe more than the house is worth in today's market?
Let be proactive and call a HUD Approved Mortgage Counselor to get the facts straight and for them to answer the questions precisely.

You may qualify for a loan modification through your lender. With some lenders you DON'T have to be late to qualify.

You can list the property now if you have worries that you might be laid off.

The first comment that you received from "Sam" was incorrect. A deficiency Judgment is possible. A deficiency judgment may be awarded to the lender if the property is found by the court to have been abandoned for at least six (6) months before the decree of foreclosure. This is not the case if you reside in the home throughout the whole process.

Also taxes will be forgiven as the Mortgage Forgiveness Act helps homeowners.

Contact the counselor so you can create a plan for your family. Good Luck Chris and Take Care.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice