Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

98103 : Real Estate Advice

  • All34
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 26
Thu Sep 15, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

If you want to know more information about the property that you are interested to, you may check the county records were the property is a part of.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
This is up to your agent to do. Not all agents/firms push their listings to Trulia, Zillow and That is something you should find out before you list, because as a seller you do want your listing on those sites (and others), not just the broker sites.

As a buyer you want to mainly look on the broker sites, for the additional and more current selection.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 18, 2016
Artechstone1 answered:
When selecting a Hardwood flooring, think about how often you will clean it. They are generally more expensive than Polished concrete floors.On high moisture surface timber flooring is not suitable. For this reason, I would like to share some ideas for bringing out optimal beauty in all stone and concrete surfaces with Artech Stone Polishing Service in Sydney. For more details contact ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 20, 2015
T Management asked:
Just posted to postlets and I'm receiving a declined message. Please help me to correct this problem. This is the link.

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Dorene Slavitz answered:
For your own safety and protection I recommend you hire a Real Estate Attorney as well as an accountant for the tax issues. Realtors are not experts in either fields.
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 20, 2014
NWLoanGroup answered:
As some of the other members here have stated, the 2 most popular no money down options are VA and USDA. The VA loan is eligible only to active duty or former military members and their spouse. The USDA mortgage option is available in certain areas, you view a map of the areas this program is available by clicking here and selecting a county in which you are shopping in ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013

As others have noted in thier responses, the VA has a zero down option if you have eligibility. Depending on where you want to live, USDA loans also have a zero down option for purchasing a home.

Alternatively, you can utilize the FHA and a family member can gift the entire 3.5% minimum down payment.

In Washington, you may also qualify for the Washington State Housing Financing Commissions Home Advantage program for home buyers. This program allows silent 2nd mortgage to cover the cost of your down payment up to $10K.

I hope this is helpful, if you have more questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Good Luck!

Jon Bruch
HomeStreet Bank
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Jirius Isaac answered:

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Steve McDonald answered:
Sorry about your situation. Do I understand you correctly that the first position lienholder (bank) foreclosed on the house some time ago and then used an auction to sell the property rather than list it for sale. I ask because that is not typical for properties in the Seattle area. Usually the lienholder auctions the property as the final step in the foreclosure process. If there are no bidders at the auction willing to pay what is owed the bank, the bank automatically becomes the new owner and the landlord by default. If this is the case then it may be several months before the home actually ends up on the market. Therefore the bank would be requesting rent though more likely they would want you to vacate the property. A lot will depend on whether you are month-to-month or lease. A lease may entitle you to remain in the house according to the lease's terms. I would suggest you start by consulting the Tenant's Union of WA State website and then go from there. Hopefully that helps. Hang in there and know your rights. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 3, 2012
Jirius Isaac answered:
First of all you will need an architect to design whatever it is you are doing, and then you will need to get a permit. Then you can get bids from contractors. At the end of the day, I imagine concrete will be harder & more expensive as well.
Good luck to you, Jirius Isaac
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Rick Moore answered:
That is why you have Title Insurance. Start there and then get an attorney if you get ANY push back at all. Im sorry to hear this have happened to you. If you are in the Seattle area I can refer you to an attorney here I trust. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Jirius Isaac answered:
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Craig Blackmon answered:
Honghao -- you need to speak with an attorney ASAP, not seek answers via a blog. This is a big deal involving a whole lot of money. Legal fees are merited.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Bill Eckler answered:

The information you have been provided with is accurate. Additionally, if the builder was supporting community services, as most do prior to completion, it is likely that these costs are going to trickle down to the homeowners. Thus, the community fees may increase or your level of community amenities may be decreased.

... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Ardell Dellaloggia answered:

I have not seen a buyer have to pay taxes in a short sale. They may ask a buyer to do that...but that does not mean it can't or will not close when the buyer says no. Usually on an IRS lien, it can be removed from the property. As to real estate and escrow taxes, the lienholder usually backs up their payoff requirements.

Suggesting the buyer should pay them is not the norm for the agent for the buyer, even though the agent for the seller may ask them to.
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 29, 2010
Ardell Dellaloggia answered:
I just read some of the answers below. Currently appraisers are using no more than 6 months old (and rarely use longer periods ever). Recently to be a bit tighter they like one sale to be within 60 days and one to be within 4 months. Given the area if it is 98103, you shouldn't have any trouble finding comps this time of year...but you may want to weigh in the factor of "after tax credit" vs before the tax credit expiration. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice