Radon gas is an odorless, colorless, radioactive gas that can pose serious health risks. It is produced from minerals in soil and rock, such as uranium and radium. Indoor radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and the leading cause among non-smokers. This naturally occurring substance has been found in homes throughout the United States. It is responsible for more than 20,000 lung-disease-related deaths ever year. Radon gas is able to move through pore spaces in the soil or fill material around a home’s foundation. Radon gas is a serious health concern and should be taken seriously by all. Testing is inexpensive, so get it done. In addition, we have some high level areas here in Minnesota as well. We mitigated our home several years ago and were able to bring the level down to .6 pCi/L. I would highly recommend all home owners test for radon and install a mitigation system to reduce levels in their homes.