Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 97045 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Mon Aug 18, 2014
503grs answered:
It means the taxes are substancially less for now and the rest are are deffered until the timber is cut. Then you pay taxes on the sale of the timber. When you build on this type of property, 1 acre will be taxed as a home site (full tax rate) and the rest is timber deferred. For example I have 76 acres for sale. It is now $493 per year taxes (tbr deffered). When a home is built 75 acres will be TBR deffered and the taxes on the 1 acre homesite will have full tax rate on it.
Interested in a large piece close in? Check out 20980 S Redland Road, Oregon City.97045
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 5, 2014
Kelly Gebler answered:
I'd be happy to set up a search in Oregon City for you. Just need to know some details about what you are looking for. If you'd like some help - my email address is: Or you're welcome to log onto my website at and set up your own search just in Oregon City. Either way works - just let me know how we can help!

Kelly Gebler, Principal Broker/Owner
Cornerstone Group NW - Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Brenda Wiest answered:
Are you on South End Road? If so I would wait because the boundaries may be changing very soon. The final meeting is January 10th, 2014. Also before you decide you should call the city and ask if any changes to the boundary are coming soon if you are on the Beavercreek Rd. , or Henrici Rd. side. Most likely the UGB will stay the same. The majority of the residents are opposed to changing the boundaries.
So.. its your call. Our inventory is very low right now and homes are selling because there are buyers wanting to buy. Your property is on the higher end of the market and traditionally they take longer to sell. But in the OC Beavercreek area it is very desirable.
Best wishes,
Brenda Lund, Broker
Mal & Seitz
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 1, 2014
monk answered:
No. But unless you have money to burn, (pardon the pun) anyone owning a home and not insuring it has rocks in their head! It's not just physical damage you need to protect your wallet against, but the potential liability and/or possible lawsuit against you should anyone get hurt on your property. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Priscilla Beggs answered:
The SAFE Act enacted in Oregon in 2010 has made owner-carry contracts very difficult for both the buyer and the seller. Basically, you must qualify, as the burden is on the seller to prove they collected documents from you indicating you can afford to purchase the real property. If you cannot and run into problems later on, the seller would be liable to you to terminate the contract and pay back all monies you paid on the purchase.

Your best bet would be to work on your credit score and get your debt-to-income ratio in line so that you can qualify through a lending institution. It's actually not as hard as you think. Go to and pull your free credit report. They will give you pointers about how to raise your score.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Craig Loughridge answered:
Almost any real estate broker will be willing to provide a free Comparative Market Analysis (a pricing analysis using comparable properties recently sold). Because CMAs can be subjective, I would suggest getting two, so you can compare the price opinions of different brokers.

After obtaining a CMA (or two), if you’re concerned about the accuracy of the reports, or not satisfied with the thoroughness of the broker(s), you should consider getting a fee appraisal. The appraisal process is similar, but the report is more detailed, and the person completing the report is neutral. That is, he has no interest in guiding you toward a price that produces a particular outcome, such as making you willing to sign a listing contract.

Appraisals can only be done by state-licensed appraisers, who can be found in the Yellow Pages of the phone book, or online at A typical appraisal runs about $450 to $500, but can vary depending on the size and use of the property.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Annie answered:
For our buyers we dedicate ourselves to paying attendtion to our client's needs. The right property and the right location at the right price. Accredited Buyer's Representative.
My cell number is 971-570-2216
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice