Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 95401 : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Sat May 8, 2010
Arlee Geary answered:
In a condo, you just own the interior of the home. With a PUD, you own the land under the unit and the exterior. In many PUD's the owner is responsible for maintaining the roof and exterior paint, while with condos it is usual that the association is responsible for those items. This can vary, and it is important to check the CCR's and other rules of the complex to determine what the fees cover. HOA stands for Home Owners Association. They collect the dues and make arrangements for repairs within their sphere of responsibility. They are also responsible to enforce the rules of the association, and among other things, to provide information to owners and occupants about those rules and to authorize changes to the exteriors that would impact visually on the complex. Lincoln Manor is a PUD. I believe it is FHA approved. In some complexes, Even in FHA approved complexes, FHA may refuse to finance if the ratio of homeowners to renters is below their required ratio or if the assocation's financial situation is below their standards. I'd be glad to help if you need help. Arlee Geary Broker/Associate. Century 21 Alliance 707-479-2499. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice