Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

95401 : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 25
Yesterday at 8:30am
Ntgrace asked:
Sun Oct 22, 2017
Susie Kay answered:
I would suggest that you consult both your attorney and your lender before making any move.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 22, 2017
Mark asked:
Your mortgage calculator uses the wrong property tax multiplier for my area, The multiplier for my area is 1.1%, your algorithm uses 0.6%. Is there a way to change the property tax multipler?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
June Buerkle answered:
California must be different than FL, GA, TN.

Because in those states, the buyer does all the inspections after the contract is accepted. Now in FL a lot of the houses will have a termite bond in place, but it is still up to the buyer to conduct inspections.

The seller may have an appraisal report done pre-listing so that buyers can see how they valued their home for listing, but that is usually it.

Caveat Emptor!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
Arpad Racz answered:
Each scenario may be different. In some cases there are more than 1 all cash offer, in others the seller may want a rentback and not care as much abut a quick close that a cash buyer can offer.

All the best,

... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 22, 2016
Terry Bell answered:
Your local agent has access to all homes on the MLS including foreclosures, short sales and fixers, but they go quick, so you would do best to develop a relationship with a realtor to represent you and send you new listings as soon as they come on the market, and be ready with cash or financing to act immediately. I handle such properties in Sonoma County, Ca!
Terry Bell, Realtor
Better Homes Real Estate
Santa Rosa, CA
BRE lic.#01414808
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 23, 2016
Just because you had it released does not mean the notice of default goes away. It was recorded on your property and will stay there.

I do not check replies, so if you have a comment or question email me here:

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Richard Paille answered:
Yes, I have a very nice 3BR/2 Bath home in the Wikiup area.
For Rent:

5403 El Mercado Parkway.
Nice Single story home located in the desirable Larkfield area.
This is a wonderful area that is a few blocks off of 101 in Northern Santa Rosa, near the performing arts center. It is close to shopping, parks and golf course. Features a 2 car garage, family room with fireplace, a formal dining area, plus a living room. The yard is landscaped and is fenced in the rear. 3 Bedrooms, 2 baths. Rent: $2,290.00

Richard at 707-539-2001
for more details and to arrange a showing.

Property and Area Description
5403 El Mercado Parkway home for rent:

Wikiup is an upscale area of Santa Rosa, located between the town of Windsor and Santa Rosa, heading north on Hwy 101. Many know this area of town as Larkfield. This home is accessed from the Old Redwood Hwy by turning into the Wikiup community.

If you have seen this on the internet, you have probably had a chance to see some of the pictures. The home has 3 nice sized bedrooms, a formal dining area, a family room with a fireplace and a living room with large picture windows looking out to the front.

Rent is $2,290 per mo.
A deposit of $2,300 is required along with a credit report.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 28, 2014
MLJackson Real Estate Team answered:
We frequently work with a national lender called Security National Mortgage when working with Real Estate investors that buy and rent single family homes. They accept rental income on loans with 80% LTV. They are a great company to work with and are direct Fanny and Freddie lenders. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Brian Nguyen answered:
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA Although you do not have a social security number there are lenders like myself that are able to help out people in your situation. I have been able to help others in your situation in the past and I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 30, 2013
Depends on you immigration status.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 29, 2013
Bmecsey answered:
Hi Pvicky89,

There are certainly options to obtain financing. Do you have a Visa? Do you have any credit cards/revolving debt that you are using to build credit?

Feel free to contact me directly, and we can see what you could qualify for.


Bryan Mecsey
Amerifirst Financial, Inc.
Cell: (510)725-2665
NMLS: 861229
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 1, 2013
eis answered:
Mack: I feel this is what I said. Only is another method or way:
I do know of a fellow who put his on the marked and then changed his mind and had refused an offer explaining why so then the buyer went forth with a full offer and he had to sell. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Eric R. Straatsma MS answered:
Some communities such as associations are more prone to criminal activity than others. Some communities and neighborhoods are more prone to certain types of crime than others.

Response times of local police and what they respond to can vary, especially in these economic times, where officers are often asked to do the work of three people.

If one buys into a manager controlled community, this can add another variable in terms of the criminal element. The security of the local community and the home is another factor to check into.

Do you have children? Who is living nearby? Answering this question can serve to help with peace of mind and assist with reducing the worry or stress of not knowing.

It pays to check into these and other things with the help of a buyers agent before investing in a home.

There are some simple techniques that will help you decide which neighborhood is worth living in and where you would feel unsafe. I share some simple tips with my clients around this, upon request, as a buyers agent.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 27, 2013
Eric R. Straatsma MS answered:
There are condos, manufactured homes and residential home communities. All of these can have associations, boards, community managers and/or separate owners. Within each specific category there are many variables. Let's look at a couple of these variables. These examples are just the tip of the iceberg....

Within manufactured home communities for example, you can own the land underneath, or you can 'lease' the land and just own the home. These communities can have age limits which limit ownership to only certain ages of individuals or they may be open to anyone of any age.

Some of these association governed communities have clubhouses and swimming pools, some don't. Some have excellent management, some don't. Some are rent controlled, some are not. Some are very good about preparing for the future, and others are not. These things, plus more, can and do make a HUGE difference when purchasing.

Why risk buying something where you are not going to be happy, or you are going to lose the home due to variables that you could have seen coming, if you had checked into things beforehand?

Since a home is often the biggest investment that a person makes in their lifetime, it pays to dig in a little and find out what is underneath the veneer that is obvious. An inspector can look for the obvious defects inside and outside a home, but who will help you with the uncovering the often hidden 'secrets' in 'association' governed communities?

Beyond the home inspection, there are many things to check and to be aware of before jumping into any home purchase. Anyone can buy a home, condo or mobile home and any agent can collect a commission without knowing about the more complex dynamics that can and do affect owners once they purchase a home.

Knowing the right questions to ask and knowing what one wants and then matching the specific dream to what is out there is also one of the keys to being a satisfied homeowner, no matter what one ends up with eventually. A buyers agent can help figure it out and watch for that perfect home.

Many buyers do not know what they really want initially and waste a lot of time and energy figuring it out. There is a way to shorten this 'learning curve' and to help make a dream into an achievable reality, using a specific step by step process.

My extensive experience with investment, multifamily, residential, and manufactured homes allows me to guide, assist and protect clients when they are ready to purchase their dream home.

Your dream home may end up costing $1 million, $300,000 or $20,000. Why waste time, energy and money in the pursuit of homes that are not going to end up working for you?

Bottom line, retaining a buyers agent is an important step in making sure that you end up with something that will serve your interests.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Yarrow Kubrin answered:
Sad reality of contract law (in my experience) is that the renter is still bound to honor the provisions in their current lease until they move out. That means you are to pay for your current place until you give 30 days noticed to vacate in writing, and move out. The owner has two weeks to give you an itemized accounting and any deposit monies back. You can also request a pre-move out inspection in the presence of your landlord to make sure you and the owner are on the same page re: any damage or clean up that needs to occur when you move out. Everything I wrote is broud and your lease may spell out different terms. I would suggest refreshing your self with the terms before deciding you to move forward. Good luck with the move. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Steven Ornellas answered:
Hi goldiloxx,

Results are not shown in real-time as the Officers have to submit their incident reports once they are back at the police station. This also depends on how busy the day is and/or whether there is a concentrated focus on a particular issue (lost child, bank robbery, etc.)

As far as researching an area I recommend trying these sites: (this one DOES cover Santa Rosa)

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Terry Bell answered:
When buying a house with these types of problems, its very important to do your homework and find out if there are violations with the county that have to be cleared before residency. In other words, you can own or sell such a house, but may not be able to live in it until it is fixed. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 30, 2011
Mirjam de Rijk answered:
Hi Sharon,

Contact Oscar Rodriquez from Pacific Properties.He is specialized in these. Phone no: 707-479-8766
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 8, 2010
Arlee Geary answered:
In a condo, you just own the interior of the home. With a PUD, you own the land under the unit and the exterior. In many PUD's the owner is responsible for maintaining the roof and exterior paint, while with condos it is usual that the association is responsible for those items. This can vary, and it is important to check the CCR's and other rules of the complex to determine what the fees cover. HOA stands for Home Owners Association. They collect the dues and make arrangements for repairs within their sphere of responsibility. They are also responsible to enforce the rules of the association, and among other things, to provide information to owners and occupants about those rules and to authorize changes to the exteriors that would impact visually on the complex. Lincoln Manor is a PUD. I believe it is FHA approved. In some complexes, Even in FHA approved complexes, FHA may refuse to finance if the ratio of homeowners to renters is below their required ratio or if the assocation's financial situation is below their standards. I'd be glad to help if you need help. Arlee Geary Broker/Associate. Century 21 Alliance 707-479-2499. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice