Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

95320 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Fri Sep 9, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
You need to address this with your listing agent. He/she can manually edit the listing here. Not all MLSs syndicate to Trulia. And even if they can take weeks for updates to occur. That's why I tell all my clients to NEVER rely on these so-called real estate websites like Trulia, Zillow and even I just entered a new listing in the MLS 6 hours ago and it's STILL not showing up here. My last listing still showed as "Active" even up until a week AFTER closing!

Please do not put too much stock in this website. It's very very mediocre.

Sally Grenier
Broker Owner
Metro Brokers | Grenier Real Estate
303.475.4508 Cell
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Robert Chomentowski answered:
Waiting periods to buy after foreclosure:

-VA - 2 years
-FHA - 3 years
-Conventional - 7 years

Make sure you check when the property deed on the foreclosure transferred out of your name. That is the date from which the timelines begin. Contact me if you want me to look up that deed transfer date. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 4, 2010
The repairs don't have to be fixed prior to closing, however, as mentioned below, you can request the seller fix it. Under NO circumstances are you to pay to fix anything in the house (you don't own it until after the closing). So, what to do if they say NO and the appraiser and lender says it must fixed or you don't close? Well, you have 2 choices, well 3 actually. 1) Walk away and find another house 2) Obtain an escrow up to $5000 for repairs to be completed after closing (you'll have 60 days to complete the repairs). 3) Do a 203K loan if the repairs exceed $5000. The 203K loan allows for up to $35000 in repairs or 110% of the after repair value, whichever is less. My company offers the escrow on all type loans (conventional or FHA) and the 203K non-structural and structural. If your loan officer needs help in getting you financed, let me know and I'll see if I can give him/her ideas on how to get you into the house. The more people own homes, the better are industry prevails, so I don't mind helping fellow Loan Officers. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 23, 2008
Garrett Smith answered:
I am a local agent, if you email me your address I can try and get the comprables for you.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice