Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 95121 : Real Estate Advice

  • All41
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying27
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 27
Thu Dec 21, 2017
Sam Shueh answered:
Comolex. You should have the seller do that for you as a condition to close.
0 votes 31 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 22, 2017
Arfibertech answered:
In Arkansas can a spouse remove the other from a deed without permission?
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 20, 2017
Hi Bidforfm,

Try Tim Jarvis at 408-238-4606. He specializes in construction loans.

His website is:

Best regards,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
NMLS #331981 / BRE #01274093
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 4, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Are you working with a REALTOR? If so, he/she should be handling this. If the seller isn't out by the date he's supposed to (per the contract) is there a clause that says he has to pay any fee? Before closing, a buyer and their agent typically do a final walk through of the property to make sure the sell is out, and the place has been left in the same condition as when you saw it last. You really need to get your Realtor involved if you're having an issue. If your not working with one...that's too bad. You may want to hire an attorney. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2016
Baileykosky answered:
yes they are still protected ,

Thanks , :)
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 1, 2015
Sounds like the Quit Claim needs to be recorded on your property.
Until the deed is recorded, the name will remain the same.
Double check with the county through a title company in your area. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 28, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
The state of FL has specific statutes regarding tenants - landlords that also covers evictions. You can read them at:

I suggest becoming familiar with the statutes as most tenants are well versed in their rights.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 18, 2015
Dorene Slavitz answered:
If your home was foreclosed, it now belongs to the bank. I'm not sure why you were not evicted yet, but the bank will likely begin working to sell the property. The bank who issued your mortgage is now the legal owner and owns the deed to the property. If you are planning to rent after this, it would be better for you to move willingly, then to be evicted. Most landlords do not want to rent to a person who has an eviction on their record. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 5, 2015
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Very good question.

Depending on the type of Title and whether the property has foreclosed or
headed to one.

Call with any questions.


0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 17, 2015
Huey Nguyen answered:
If you are considering an eviction or other legal recourse, please consult with an attorney. I have some contacts in San Jose, if you would like to discuss your situation further with an attorney who specializes in evictions/unlawful detainers. Please feel free to contact me by phone or message (Contact info is on my Trulia profile).

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 27, 2015
I am not sure how the agent / lender could avoid sharing at least the credit rating, any collections or liens that could all come up.

But yes items on a credit report are considered private. If you want to be sure this does not happen you may want to make that clear right up front. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 8, 2014
Juliana Lee MBA LLB answered:
If the property wasn't held in a trust it will probably have to go through probate. See Click on the "Steps to Take If the Case Belongs in Probate Court" I'm sorry for your loss. San Jose zip code 94121 home values ...
Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650.857.1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 13, 2013
I had a borrower who had never been on title, but they wanted to purchase their father's home at a courthouse sale...then refinance. It was an absolute NO GO.
The only way to get this house is to take formally assume the loan (if possible) and take over the payments at the original loan amount.

Arms length transactions are a not allowed.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Lee Jones answered:
You best talk to an attorney to make sure you do the paperwork right. This is more a legal question than a real estate scenerio question.

You can do what you are suggesting .. just make sure you do it right. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon May 6, 2013
Eric Clayton answered:
Single family home may be tough unless you are willing to make repairs. If you are not opposed to condos, you should be able to find something nice that you like especially if you have all cash, but keep in mind that inventory is low right now. If you would like me to help you find something nice, email me at

Thank you and happy house hunting! :)
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Allan Erps answered:
Think a Short Sale is a very viable thought for you. The longer it may take & better value you get may be quite suitable for your situation. Only thing that could be a negative would be if the Mrtgage rates spike upward(which personally I do not envision) in the near future. Best of Luck! ... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
NormBoGraham answered:
I might be wrong here...but it's my observation, that this has changed in NC, during my lifetime. (where the NC Baptists dethrowned? lol).
Thus...regardless of "current" laws.....she and you might need to get a will to explicity define your wishes. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
Home Affordable Foreclosures Alternatives (HAFA) program allows you to sell your house for an amount lower than the amount that you still owe to the bank or financial institution that holds your mortgage.
A HAFA short sale approved completely releases you from your mortgage debt.
Is always a good idea to get an experienced short sale's agent that can assist in these difficult time.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone
... more
2 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Lakisha

Yes Lakisha we can analyze a Title History Report once we understand what
you are trying to do.

Get in touch,

Best regards
Perry Mistry

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice